Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Tackle the Grocery Store

Tackle It Tuesday Meme





I was inspired by a post by MorningSong a few months ago, before my blog, to start using coupons to save money at the grocery store. While I am just learning, it has really saved us a lot of money! Yes, it takes work, but the payoff is worth it.


Menu Mondays has been a big help in tackling the grocery store too. Planning the weekly menus keeps us from eating out too much, most times, and it helps with my monthly grocery budget.


I wanted to share with you my clipboard that I made to take with me to the grocery store. It has certainly made shopping easier and more fun and it is hard to grumble about rising grocery prices when I see this verse.


I try to type my grocery list before I go to the store, clip the coupons I will be using behind my list, add a pen, and off I go. It keeps me organized and helps me keep my sanity and joyful spirit at the grocery store. You know what I'm talking about.


Except for yesterday! Going down the baking aisle I ran into, not with my cart--it's just a saying , to my...are you ready for this...gynecologist! Yes, you read that correctly. Oh, the joy! What do you do? Shake his hand, give him a hug? I just casually waved and said hello, acted busy and kept shopping. Fortunately another one of his patients caught him and had to talk to him about the pain in her foot. Happy times!


How do you tackle the grocery store?


5 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is an awesome idea. I love the clipboard. As far as your gynecologist (how come that looks wrong when I spell it lol) I could tell you a couple of funny stories that would have you cracking up.But I'll spare you lol. Mine is also a woman and she knows I'm a crazy person so we actually have "fun".
Blessings my friend.
Kim

Natalie said...

That idea is great! I love that clipboard. Next post you need to follow-up on how to make your own coupon clipboard...:) Sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

i love your clipboard! it's gorgeous!
my shopping... hmmmm have to go by myself on tuesday's and just take my time... lol.. usually have a list in the kitchen that i mark down as soon as we're out of something

happyathome said...

Well that was awkward running into you Dr! You just never know. Good luck with the coupon plan!
Stop by my blog, I am tacjkling an outhouse, not a bathroom but an outhouse!
http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/

gail said...

i love your clipboard! please show us how you made it! please, please, please!!!