Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

The Carpenter

"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. Mark 6:3."


My Dad's sermon this last Sunday reminded us that Jesus is the Carpenter. Not only is He the Carpenter, He created the world, He created me, and He created you. He looks at us like a carpenter looks at a piece of wood...he sees the potential. My Grandpa was an excellent carpenter. He loved to make beautiful Grandfather Clocks. That's him in this picture. God called him home 15 1/2 years ago. Dad's sermon made me miss him very much. Grandpa didn't just look at a plain piece of wood and see it as such; he saw a magnificent grandfather clock in that humble piece of wood.



Jesus looks at you and I in the very same way. Oh, yes, He sees our imperfections and our shortcomings, but He doesn't just stop there...He sees our potential!
He sees what He desires for us to become and He gently begins carving, cutting away, smoothing rough edges, and making us into a beautiful, one-of-a-kind masterpiece. I love that!


Some days I don't feel like a masterpiece in progress, I just see flaws. I'm thankful that He sees it all and yet still loves me too much to leave me the way that I am. He is gently, unless I am being stubborn (as is often the case), and patiently (thank you, Father!) making me into what He wants me to be. Some days it's painful and some days it can be fun and exciting. One thing I know for sure: I don't want Him to stop until His work is completed in my life. My life is His and I want Him to be glorified in my life and my family's life. What about you?

Joyfully,
Kristi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! me too! :)