Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Can Granny Come Over and Play?



As always, I have so much to be thankful for. It's true, far more than I deserve. One of my greatest joys next to my Savior, my husband and daughters, is my mom. My girls call her Granny.



Granny is so special to us. We have the blessing of being next door neighbors. We were thrilled when my parents decided to build a house right next to ours. But, even though we live next door, we don't see each other nearly enough. So, since my Dad is on a church trip this week we have Granny all to ourselves. Delight! "Can Granny come over and play???"



Last night Mom came over for dinner. While I was finishing up in the kitchen I heard loud giggles, screams of joy, and car sounds. As the sounds of joy and laughter grew and grew, I just had to see what my girls and Granny were doing. This is what I discovered:




The girls were teaching Granny how to drive a race car on Xbox 360.



A few minutes later they were teaching Granny another new skill:





Guitar Hero. Just look at that concentration!



Rock on Granny!


I can't describe in words how much my mom means to me.

She is a beautiful example of who I want to be like because she strives to look just like Jesus every day. She is gracious beyond compare, full of wisdom, bold and courageous (she starts a new job in 2 weeks!), she loves her family fiercely, she's one of my best friends, an incredible gardener, seamstress, Sunday school teacher, and pastor's wife, and the best Granny we could ask for!

I could go on and on, but my mascara is starting to run. I think you get the picture. We thank God for Granny (Grandpa too of course) and for the special fun we are having this week.


20 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wonderful tribute to your Mom. I'm sure there will be a Thankful Thursday very soon dedicated to my mom and dad. They will be married 54 years in August. I love them so much and wish they lived next door but they live in Maine. :( Love the photos lol.
Blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious is that!!! She is so cute playing those "young people" games. :) I can tell she is sweet just by looking at her.
I wish my mother lived next door. :(

Erica said...

How fun! What an amazing family you have...loving the Lord and enjoying fun moments in real life!
We are ready to be able to do some of those fun things with our "Granny's" as well. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

Granny is getting some lessons in "new generation". Kudos to her for being willing to try. What a wonderful relationship your girls seem to have with her. Such a blessing!

Denise said...

Such a lovely tribute to your dear mom. May God sweetly bless her.

Tanja said...

Oh, I am so jealous! My mom and I are very close, too. But she has lived in Germany for the last decade or so (She's a native. It's home to her.). We get to have her with us usually once a year for a week... and what treat that is! I'm so glad you're enjoying your mom an extra bit this week. BTW, love your blog!

Laurie Ann said...

How precious mother's can be, and what a wonderful wonderful wonderful tribute to your mom here. You definitely honor her! She looks like she's having a great time! Your post just warmed my heart. Thank you so much for sharing her with us and for sharing your grateful heart. And thanks for the sweet comment on my TT post.

flmom said...

Great pictures - what a beautiful and wonderful lady your lives have been blessed with!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom, Kristi! You are a lucky lady to have grown up with her. And, your girls...wow.. they are so blessed, too. After my parents, my relationship with my grandparents is one of the most precious.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Beth K. Vogt said...

What a wonderful TT tribute to your mom!!
I loved the photos!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

Leaon Mary said...

You are incredibly blessed.
My mascara is running too.
Hugs,
Lea

Anonymous said...

How special to have your mom be such a wonderful example and live next door! You're indeed blessed!

Nancie said...

Such a sweet thankful list and lovely tribute to your beloved Mom! Your list makes me smile. Thank God for blessing you with such a wonderful Mom. So great to be next door neighbor. And so encouraging that your girls are getting along so well with Granny. Such a blessing!

May God continue to bless your family as you seek and serve Him together. Many blessings to you!

bp said...

This is such a sweet post. I love the expression on Granny's face.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

How fun! Your girls will cherish these fun times with their Granny, as will your Mom! That is awesome that she lives next to you.

Have a great time with your Mom!

Cheryl

Oh, BTW, I got a job today!

Tami said...

Yeah, Granny!

My kids enjoy my mom too. I agree with you that it is a tremendous blessing for our kids to have a close relationship with their grandparents.

I'm thankful for what you're thankful for!

Aunt Angie said...

Yes, and if you shared one more---my mascara would run too. What a blessing. I was thinking as I was reading this...do my girls feel this way about me??? Will they???
This was the most precious post! What a way to spend thankful Thursday!!!

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope your mum reads this...it's sooo beautiful! This is like the Poem: My Last Duchess - by showing your mum's beauty, what you are doing is holding a looking glass for us to see your incredible beauty.

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog; God bless you and yours.

Sharon.

JMBMOMMY said...

Just love this! What a great granny!!!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Your mama does not look like a "granny"!!