Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Peachy Keen

My Peachy Keen girls enjoying peaches.


A precious couple in our church blessed us with a box full of freshly picked peaches! Oh, I just love peaches. The girls helped me freeze 6 quarts to save for later.

It reminded me of my wedding nearly 18 years ago. We lived in Arlington and mom liked to get Parker County Peaches every summer. During the week of my wedding, wouldn't you know, the bushel of peaches arrived. We had company, things still to do for the wedding and peaches to put in the freezer. But, we did it and we had fun in the process.

With my anniversary just around the corner, it was fun to put peaches in the freezer with my girls. It was far messier, but fun!




Here are the delicious beauties!

With that finished, I just had to make a peach pie. You know, with my new pie making skills and all! I found a new recipe called Peach Cream Pie and it was just divine!

The peaches reminded me of when I was a little girl. I use to ride on the back of my daddy's bicycle to Squeezer's Palace (I think that's the name) in Wichita, Kansas, and blow kisses to everyone while we rode to get Peaches 'n Cream ice cream. Fun memories! So, naturally I just had to make homemade ice cream to go with the pie. It did not disappoint!


My friend Jack told me that if I saved the pits, dried them, and kept them until October, then I could plant them in my garden and have my own peach orchard. Wouldn't that be fun? Here are the pits that I have such high hopes for! "Pits that I have such high hopes for?" What a thought that is spiritually.




I'm in the mood to freeze more peaches. I hope we can pick up some more peaches over the weekend, but I've got to find a good way to freeze some squash from the garden. Any good ideas? Blessings to you this Tuesday!





Tackle It Tuesday Meme

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. What a beautiful crop of peaches!

Liz said...

MMMMM peaches.I am going home this weekend (to NC) and have already asked my nanny to have a fresh peach pie ready for us.If you will email me I will send you the directions to the diaper cake.

elanza (at) atlanticbb (dot) net

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome! your girls are so pretty!
i wish peaches were in season here!!! now i'm hungry lol

The Butterfly Catcher said...

Oh, that looks so yummy! You've got me thinking. . .peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream!!!

Carry Grace said...

Now I really want some peaches! They look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I had a cousin-in-law who would share some peach pie with me! : ) -Jeff

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! I am trying to get my kids to like peaches. I love them, and they are starting to like them!
Toni

Anonymous said...

The peaches look fabulous! So far this year I have done strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.. I hope to get to some peaches this week. :-)