Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Baseball and Charlie!

Rumor has it my daddy threw the opening pitch last night at the ballgame!

(Grandpa, Rachel, Hannah, and Granny on the field before the big event!)




Way to go Dad! We are so proud of you!


(Don't listen to the deacons...they are just jealous!)


It was church night at the baseball game and we had a blast. We ate far too much, thanks Grandpa, but had a sweet time of fellowship together.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


On a funny note: one of our friends lost her dogs yesterday. (That's not the funny part!) She was so sad and unable to find them. So, the girls and I spent a good hour driving through town trying to find them. We decided to start looking for the dogs behind where she lives. We didn't realize that there was a hidden cemetery there. Rachel sweetly rolled down the window and started hollering, "Charlie! Charlie!!"


When I noticed that we were at a cemetary, I started cracking up. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind. I had to explain the visual I had in my mind. I could just imagine some sweet person in the cemetery hearing us call out, "Charlie! Charlie!!" I'm sure it must have been unnerving and they were probably thinking those poor people, don't they know Charlie can't hear them!


I know, I'm warped but it was too funny for words!



Our friend called a few hours ago to tell us they found Sweetie and Charlie. Guess what? He wasn't at the cemetery after all! Who knew?


Thank you to everyone that read my post yesterday and for your kind words and prayers for Hannah. I'm overwhelmed by your generosity and your friendship in this journey of faith! May each one of you have a blessed weekend!



4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh that is too funny. I got the visual lol. I probably would have started calling for Charlie with you instead of telling you he wasn't there ha ha. Cool thing about your Dad. How fun! I posted last night about our Tower of Terror trip last year. I think you'll get a kick out of it, being that you're starting to get to know me and all lol. Either that or I'll never see you again and my comments will be deleted. Hee hee!
Blessings my friend. Oh and yes I wish we too lived closer so our daughters could be friends. She longs for a good Christian friend. But we'll keep praying for one anothers and it will happen. The Lord knows the need of having a good friend and He will send them one in His timing. I told my daughter that she should use this as a time of growing and she really has grown a lot. So it's good in that way. Okay I've officially written a chapter in a book, so I'll go now.
See you soon.
Kim

Melanie said...

OH, I love that! I can just picture you all driving thru the cemetery trying to get Charlie to respond! :) Too funny.

Have a great weekend!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hey Kristi,
I had a thought. Does your daughter have a blog of her own? My daughter does but it's closed to everyone except who she invites. I just thought they could communicate that way if they chose too. Kelsey has made some nice friends that way. How old is your daughter? Kelsey is 14 soon to be 15. How are you today? Talk with you soon. You know I really should get your email lol.
Blessings
Kim

Tracy said...

How cool about the baseball game!

Cute story about Charlie...so glad they found him. = )

Happy weekend!
Tracy