Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Garden delight!

Look what I just harvested from the garden!!! My first ever home grown watermelon and cantaloupe! My sweet friends Jack and Rosemary tried to tell me when these babies would be ready to harvest. With the cantaloupes, he said that if you tug on them they would just "turn loose."



Okay, I have been tugging on these babies for weeks and ....nothing. Last night, I just barely tugged and off popped this cantaloupe. I was so thrilled and it smells sooooo sweeet.



How do you tell when a watermelon is ready? I have trouble picking out good ones at HEB. How would I know if my own were ready to be picked? Jack and Rosemary said the curly vine would turn brown. I have watched this watermelon, again, for weeks! The brown vine had turned brown and had almost fallen off, but I was scared. What if it's not ripe?



I finally got up the nerve and harvested it. (It's much easier to harvest watermelon on Webkinz). Here are they are on the lawn w/ my size 9 reef flip flops. Pretty big watermelon, huh?


With a little fear and trepidation, I cut into my little project and here is what we found:




I cried! Really, I did! It was so sweet and delicious and everything I dreamed that it would be. This gardening thing has become a daily joy. I picked my first 2 tomatoes this morning. Every morning greets me with something new in the garden.

Seeing the insides of this watermelon and smelling and tasting the sweetness reminds me of Psalm 34:8, "O taste and see that the Lord is good..." He is so good and every day with Him is so sweet! He is everything I ever dreamed He would be but far better than I can even imagine. Travis Cottrell sings a song that says, "Every day with you Lord, is sweeter then the day before..." That is so true!


Have a blessed weekend!



8 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is sooo awesome. Don't you love eating something you grew yourself? It just taste better for some reason. Great job! Oh and I like the new blog picture up top, looks good.
Blessings,
Kim

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday on "TT"... WOW, I am impressed with the fruit... I think that Watermelon was worth a tear or two :) Blessings

Natalie said...

Oh, Kristi! What a proud accomplishment!! This was the first summer I've ever grown Zinnias...well...anything for that matter. I couldn't help but tear up once they started to bloom. I know the feeling, girl!

Next year I want to try my hand in some veggies. You have inspired me!! I might be asking for some advice come next year! :)

Let that watermelon juice just run down your elbow! You deserve it!

Aunt Angie said...

Now that is a gardeners DELIGHT! How I know the joy of the first "pickin's"!! Being raised gardening all my life of some kind...it was a different feeling when I had my very own.
ENJOY! Thanks for sharing this blessing...I can almost taste it!!!

Mom2fur said...

Wow! Good for you! As someone who can barely grow a tomato, I'm really impressed by the size of that watermelon. I can't even imagine how good it must have tasted!

Denise said...

Praise God for such a wonderful harvest. That watermelon looks really yummy sweetie.

Donetta said...

Oh I am so happy for you and proud of you. I am right behind you just got to get the earth healthy.
Happy anniversary!

Carry Grace said...

Oh Yay! Good for you! That watermelon looks so good!