Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Word Filled Wednesday: Precious Thoughts!

Happy Word Filled Wednesday to you! One of my papers last week was to analyze 2 Frost poems: "To Earthward" and "After Apple Picking." I was struck by the sadness of the two speakers who were isolated. Both wanted so much to feel alive, or connected again but they couldn't. Have you ever felt isolated or disconnected?

I know that I have. I'm thankful that I always have a connection with the Father. This world expects a lot from us sometimes and it's easy to lose focus and feel disconnected.

God doesn't want us to live that way. He wants to fill up our senses again and He often uses His creation to do that. I took this picture 3 years ago on our favorite beach in St. John, USVI. I LOVE the beach. The sounds and smells of the water, the warmth of the sunshine, the dazzling creatures swimming in the brilliantly, crystal blue water, the laughter and joy of my family, our singing snorkeler....ah this fills up my senses.

I think after such a gruelling week, last week, I find myself longing for the beach because Lord willing, after graduation we will be there. It's my special graduation gift from my precious family.

God uses many things to fill up our senses like moments where He helps us take long deep breaths, and allows us to refocus, relax, and return to joy. This verse certainly reminds me of how dearly loved we are and that speaks to my senses and fills me again.

Whatever speaks to your senses, may God use that today to remind you again that you too are dearly loved. "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand." Psalm 139:17-18.

Joyfully Filled,
Kristi

28 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

There is probably a sermon in this thought but sometimes when a bad smell fills your senses at first it's strong but eventually you get used to it. It's better to do something about it when you first smell the bad. I know that was pretty deep for me! I don't have time to put scripture to it but I'm sure there is one somewhere.
Love you sister.Great thoughtful post.
Kim

Karen M said...

What an uplifting and encouraging post! Thanks! This week is my grueling week. I'm trying to stay focused and get through it knowing that next week will have some light spots and time to rest.

Denise said...

You are such a heart lifter, bless you.

earthlingorgeous said...

Thank you for that wonderful verse.

Unknown said...

You are always so uplifting and I hope you will come to pick up the award I gave out last week and again last night. You are such a faithful servant sowing seeds of His love!

Blessings today,
Jill

Melanie said...

Hey, Kristi! This is such a great verse of encouragement.. a great way to start the day. The picture is great, too... makes me smile and long for a day on the beach. ;)

Natalie said...

What a creative picture. Your encouragement was appreciated today!

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing truth to consider when you see how much sand is on just one beach!!

Laurie Ann said...

Great post on the reminder of God's love for us. How awesome are His thoughts, indeed! Happy WFW! Great picture and verse.

Jen said...

Great post. I liked the picture they both fit together perfectly. Great choice.

Tracy said...

Oh, what a beautiful scripture...and what a thought to ponder! Couldn't agree more about being on the beach. It's always overwhelming the magnificence of God when I'm standing on a sandy beach, staring out into the vast and powerful ocean. What a blessing you've given today with your WFW. Thank you!
Tracy

~Amy~ said...

Thanks for the uplifting WFW and encouraging post today...

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a sweet reminder. And, one I needed this day.

Erica said...

That was precious and so encouraging. We don't have to look for the big things...He is always showing up when we are aware!

Anonymous said...

the picture is really nice. love it! and the verses make it beautiful!

happy WFW!!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

What a beautiful post....I love the picture! I, too, love the beach so much. I think it might be one of my favorite places as you experience the vastness of God's creation and His majesty..from the grains of sand to the immensity of the ocean! Amy over at Saved By Grace posted a similar picture this morning also with bright toe nails! :)

Thanks so much for such encouragement. Praising God that He desires a relationship with us and we are connected in and through Him.

Michele Williams said...

Such an encouraging post. Perfect picture to go with the verse! Thanks so much for sharing.

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

We lived on the beach for most of my life and I used to love putting my toes in the sand like that! You put a great big :) on my face! What a beautiful truth in that verse and beautifully illustrated. I could hear the sounds of the beach again!

Blessings to you this WFW!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great verse & pic!

I am amazed at your journey through school. I went back to school when my son was 2. I worked full-time for a CPA. It took 2 years, but I was able to finish. It was difficult, but God was there every step of the way. I pray He does the same for you!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful verse and photo! Your post reminded me of the song, You Fill Up My Senses, which is on my MP3 player. We hope to hit the beach this weekend. It's a great place to get away, relax, and reflect.

Anonymous said...

Great verse and picture! I would LOVE to have my feet in the sand on the beach today (sigh)! I can't imagine anything more relaxing...

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

We should never feel alone, but I have at times as well. He is always right there, waiting for us. So simple, yet we forget at times.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy WFW!
Cheryl

DeeDee said...

Would love to have my feet in that sand today!
Good WFW Post!
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Peggy said...

Blessings Kristi...How chose your feet in the sand, after your great accomplishment! I love the verse & very clever to show your feet in the sand! Your uplifting words fill me with His Word for the end of my day unlike others who had it at the beginning! Thank you for yor earlier visit. I saw your pumpkin patch & the same email.
And here it was new to me!!! Hope you enjoyed you WFW & enjoy TT!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, this is my first time to your blog and I'll definitely be back!

Disconnected and isolated describes most of my last year. I am thankful and praise God every day that He used those to bring me back to Him.

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely photograph to have to hand. It fits so well.
A walk along the edge of the beach would be pretty good.

Anonymous said...

A fun but powerful photo. It made me smile. Thinking about how many grains of sand there are is mind boggling.

Your blog is so pretty !

Kathy b

lori said...

I'm LATE this week...didn't I say that LAST week??? Wednesday...it seems to get me...so here it is Thursday NIGHT and I'm checking in on all the WFW girls...and THIS was my first one! I LOVE it..and the story..grueling weeks..I understand..had one myself this week..just wear on us, but THANKFULLY we know where to turn...

Peace Kristi....here's to the beach!
lori