Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Awesome Salvation Experiment!

Happy Thankful Thursday to you! I have been anxiously waiting all week to share this with you. I told you about our new children's ministry at church a few weeks ago. It's called Elevate and we use the ingenious curriculum from Ed Young Ministry.

I had six first and second graders this past Sunday and wow did we have the coolest of cool experiments. It is by far one of the neatest ways to teach children about salvation that I have ever seen. All six were wide eyed and amazed. I hope that they remember this forever, I know that I will. I had goosebumps upon goosebumps sharing it with them. I wanted to share it with all of you. Please, share this with children that you know! It is life changing!

Okay, you need 4 containers. I used 3 small mason jars and one clear vase. Fill one jar and one vase halfway with water. Label the jar with water: "Adam & Eve" and the vase should be labeled "Us." The second jar should be labeled "Sin" and be filled to the halfway point with Iodine. The third jar should be filled to the halfway mark with bleach and be labeled "Jesus." Here are pictures of the jars and vase:








I asked the children who was the first man and woman...they lived in the Garden of Eden? Adam & Eve...right! We talked about how the devil came into the picture in the form of a serpent and tempted Eve to sin. (I ask them if they know what sin is...can they give an example of sin...etc.) This is what happened to their life (which was pure and clean before) when they decided to sin:


(Pour the "sin" into the "Adam and Eve" jar.)

Because they decided to disobey God and sin, this is what their lives look like now:

Their lives are full of sin, not pure and clean anymore. Because we came after Adam and Eve, in essence we are their children, our lives are full of sin too. (Pour the contents from the Adam and Eve jar into the "us" vase).


Our lives are not clean or pure because we sin too. Ask the children what sins they have done before. (One little boy said he sinned because he poked his brother in the eye when his mom told him not to do it, even though his brother deserved it.)


Then we talked about how we want our lives to look like Jesus. We want to be pure and clean, just like Him. Compare the "Us" vase with the "Jesus" jar. They are different. Jesus was without sin.
I reminded them that Jesus is God's Son and that "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
We talked about Jesus dying on the cross and that he didn't stay in the grave because He rose again in 3 days. If we admit that we have sinned, believe that He is God's Son and that He died and rose again to save us from our sins, and then if we choose to ask Him to forgive us and be our Savior, then He comes into our hearts, our lives. When Jesus comes into our hearts, we are clean again because we are forgiven. (Pour the contents of the "Jesus" jar into the "us" vase and watch what happens!)


Immediately, there is a visible change and that is how our lives look when we ask Jesus to be our Savior and to forgive us for our sins.

We look pure and clean, just like Jesus!

I have goosebumps all over again, just from looking at these pictures. I talked about the experiment in more detail and they had questions. It was one of those days where you just know that you are right where God wants you to be and you are joining Him in something too incredible for words.

My oldest nephew is still asking questions about becoming a Christian. He is so close!!! I told Mr. Incredible that I wished A had come to church with us. I wanted him to see this. Guess what? They met us for lunch and after lunch, Aunt Kiki got to show him the experiment from the back of her suburban! He was amazed by it too. I keep praying for that glorious day when I can call my little nephew my brother in Christ. We have been praying for this day since the day that He was born.

I hope you enjoyed this awesome visual. I didn't come up with it, but I just knew that I had to share it with all of you. Isn't it the coolest?

Joyfully,

Kristi

22 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love that visual presentation. These are the types of things that stick in the minds of those kids. How exciting to be a part of sharing this with them! So glad you shared it with us, too!

Blessings,
Tracy

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

That is amazing and because kids are so visual, I can just imagine their expressions!

I'm so happy you got to share it with your nephew!

What a beautiful TT post! Blessings to you!

God Chaser said...

Thanks you for sharing this I can see your joy for sharing this experiment-it is just what happens when we trust and accept Jesus as our Savior.

Denise said...

That is beyond awesome my friend.

HEATHER said...

Wow, that is really awesome. I'm so glad you shared your joy with us today!!! I'm also happy that you were able to share the message with your nephew. Have a Great Weekend!! Try to get some rest in....
Heather

salsaberries said...

Oh wow, how cool is that. Thank you for sharing this. It will bless many I am sure.

Grammy said...

This is my first time on thankful Thursday. I very much enjoyed your post. And glad to here that things worked out for you.
Be blessed
Grammy

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is so awesome. I might have to do that for my kids. They would love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs.

Schotzy said...

This is absolutely the best visual I can even imagine! Thank you soo much for sharing! It is amazing and I am sure it gets the point across to young hearts and minds! Wow!
I love the new face of your blog! It is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Kiki - that experiment is what I have been trying to show our children for a year - but I never could remember the right ingredients. HA! HA! God is so faithful and awesome!

Thanks for posting this today! I am going to share with many!

Love and blessings - Jill
Please pick up the awards I am giving out today!

Karen M said...

That is a great illustration! I used to teach kids in church and it was so cool when you found things like that to share. Great job! Thanks for sharing the visual.

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful lesson! I cant wait to share it with my husband and my girls! Thanks for sharing! God bless you!
Kelly

Jen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am the only one of my siblings saved. My parents and I are trying to be living examples for Christ. To plant the seed in their hearts. I'm going to share this with them. Thank you for sharing.

Laurie Ann said...

This was an awesome teaching tool! I pray the lesson stays with them for many years to come and that their little hearts make decisions for Christ as a result of it.

Front Porch Legacy said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing and I'll be certain and save!

Melanie said...

I love this, Kristi! I'm already looking for my first opportunity to share it... I'm thinking it will be right here in my own home with my children!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome way to share Jesus with children! I'm sharing it with our pre-school director at church. Thank you for sharing. Blessings!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Wow, what a powerful experiment! Gotta share that with the children's director at our church...thanks for sharing this Thankful Thursday!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for sharing this awesome illustration! I have been looking for an example like this to teach my 4 year old. Blessings.

bp said...

Thank you for posting pictures of this, I like the visual. I really like this lesson.

rupa said...

thank for sharing this. I am a volunteer in the children's church and was looking for something to make my lesson on salvation interesting. simply loved your salvation experiment.
thank you and God bless.
Rupa (Bangalore,India)

rupa said...

Hi Kristi, simply loved your salvation experiment.
Thank you for sharing.
Rupa (Bangalore, India)