Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Thankful Thursday: I finished my papers!!


Happy Thankful Thursday to you! I am praising the Lord at the top of my lungs, can you hear me??? I just finished the last of my papers a few minutes ago. My three papers turned into 5 papers this week. I had forgotten about a couple of 2 page papers in light of the 3 longer, more pressing papers. I just have to say that God is sooooooooo good!

My husband really wanted me to go to Chicago with him this week on his business trip but I just knew that I would have no time to enjoy myself. How fun could a computer carrying, book stacked, neurotic over 5 papers, girl be? God knew that my time would be limited so He provided time for me write all 5 papers while Mr. Incredible was away.

I have tried so hard not to impose my studies on my family. So, I wrote between classes, I would jot down notes when a thought would hit me between commuting from home and school, and mostly late at night while the girls slept and then again in the wee hours of the morning.

I may have only had 3 our 4 hours of sleep each night but God certainly blessed this time. I didn't have to worry about inconveniencing Mr. Incredible or waking him up with my crazy writing schedule, I could simply sleep for a few hours, refresh my brain, and go back to writing. I missed him terribly, but I am certainly thankful for uninterrupted writing times.

I turn in the last two of the five papers today and I am so thankful! So many of my fellow students were sick this week. One day I had a girl on my right and on my left who were coughing their heads off. God has protected my health this week and that is much to be thankful for too.

I know this is long, and I am sorry. I'm still in writing mode. God reminded me last night that if I had gone to Chicago, I would have missed out on prime writing times that He planned for me but I would have also missed out on the delightful new girls that are on my Pee Wee cheer leading squad and the joy that they showed. It felt good to get out there with them and move and cheer and shout at the top of my lungs. God knew that Hannah needed her momma to be her coach again this year, even when I was convinced that I didn't have the time, and He knew I needed to get out of the cave (my office) and breath fresh air and get some exercise with the best cheer leading squad that I have ever been privileged to lead.

Oh, God is so good! He knows our needs before we even ask and He takes great delight in showing His children that He is all sufficient and He cares about every detail of our lives, even 5 papers.

I'm off to sleep for the next 3 days, just kidding! I'm headed to school to turn in my papers! Hallelujah! Thank you for all of the sweet prayers and encouraging words this past week!

Joyfully,

Kristi

P.S. For more Thankful Thursdays please visit here.

12 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Phew,I'm exhausted just hearing about it lol. I'm glad you were able to finish and get some rest.
Blessings to you my friend.

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

This was such a beautiful TT post. God is sooo good! I love that you call your hubby Mr. Incredible! You have such a sweet thankful heart and your love of the Lord is so touching!

Happy TT to you and may the Lord bless you and your hubby and your time away together! Abundant blessings, sweet sister!

Karen M said...

Hi Kristi,

I linked to your site from Kim's of Homesteader in training. I really like your blog. I read a few posts and know I'll be back.

I discovered we have something in common. I returned to college after a LOOOOONG time. I actually did get a bachelors degree a really long time ago and then was a stay at home mom for a lot of years. I went to work 11 years ago in an accounting firm as admin. Now I'm ready to go back to school and get my CPA license. I have a post sometime last May or maybe June that was an essay I wrote as a part of my grad school application process. I'd be glad for you to visit sometime. What is your major?

Unknown said...

His timing is impecable, huh?
Blessing to you (and your crazy schedule!)

Melanie said...

YEA!!!!! So glad you were able to get those papers done and out of the way! And how wonderful that God worked things out so you could have some uninterrupted time w/out imposing on the family. We're working on a new business venture right now and I, too, want to do everything I can to not impose my time working on that with my kid's lives. I spend lots of late hours working while they sleep, but in the long run it will be so worth it!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

Praise God!! Lets do the got the papers all done happy dance sweetie!!

Susan said...

Wow, this is just great!! So blessed you'll be able to join your hubby on his trip.

Hope you guys have a GREAT time!!

Blessings♥

Michele Williams said...

I'm exhausted! Wow! you are a busy lady! You're such a sweet lady. I enjoy your blog so much. Blessings to you my friend.

Tracy said...

Wow! What a week you've had! Rejoicing that it all fell together so beautifully. God is SO good! Hope this weekend will be restful and wonderful! = )

Happy Friday,
Tracy

Erica said...

Girl, I am shouting right along with you. I can't wait to share all that he has done.
I am so glad your papers are complete for this go round and you can totally enjoy the weekend.
Where are you enrolled?

Renee said...

Congratulations on finishing! What an accomplishment - now I hope you can get some rest. :)

Leaon Mary said...

I'M DOING CARTWHEELS FOR YOU, AND JUMPIN WITH MY RAH RAH RAHHHHH!!!!
HOOOORAY!!!! Shakin my pom poms and shouting HALLELUJAHS!!!! ;)
You are a complete joy, do you know that!
Have a beautiful weekend Kristi!
Lea
<*)))><
holykisses