Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Word Filled Wednesday-I have been approved!

I am so excited!!!! I petitioned the School of Education to waive my student teaching in the spring because of the blessing that I had in teaching as a long term substitute teacher for the 2005-2006 school year. My petition has been in the School of Education since May! My whole family has been praying and I have tried to patiently wait; I call patience the "p" word--it's not my favorite fruit of the Spirit because I clearly still have issues.

Anyway, in the mail today I received a letter from the School of Education with the words "Student Petition regarding waiving student teaching...Approved." Hallelujah! God did it! I didn't know whether to cry or throw up. I almost did both. I had to read the letter twice to make sure that it was real.

It didn't look at all like I had imagined it. I guess the plane with the large billboard sign flying behind it wouldn't fit into a tiny envelope, and I didn't hear the Hallelujah chorus when I opened the envelope but I did squeal with delight!

God heard the cry of my heart and He did it! What man thinks is impossible, nothing is impossible with God! I will graduate on May 9th! Can you believe it? I have to say it again...I will graduate on May 9th. (The tears are pouring down my face now. My heart is flooded with gratitude to God for placing this calling on my life, for providing the energy, strength, the courage to step out in faith, and boldness to press through my fears. He is awesome!)

I am just beside myself with awe and praise of a Mighty God who cares about every detail in our lives. He is so worthy to be praised!

Joyfully,
Kristi

For more Word Filled Wednesdays, please visit my friends at the 160acre woods.

19 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

That is fabulous. God is so good.

So, once you graduate, what comes next?

Blessings!
Cheryl

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Congrats my friend. Way to go! Woot! Woot! You smart thing you! I'm proud to call you my friend lol.
Hugs.fook

Karen M said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations! I'm sure you've worked very hard toward this goal for many months/years.

Denise said...

Praising God with you sweet one.

Tracy said...

Awesome news Kristi!!! What a delightful answer to prayer.

Thank you for sharing this blessing today.

Rejoicing with you!
Tracy

~Amy~ said...

Congrats I am so happy for you.

Laurie Ann said...

Rejoicing with you! This is awesome news! I love to see how God answers our prayers - He is so faithful and can move mountains, yea, even state government, LOL! Happy WFW to you!

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Kristi! I am so happy for you!

Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

wonderful news! Congratulations...

Rebecca said...

I am so, so excited for you. God is gracious! He did a similiar work for me when I started teaching, allowing me to get in the classroom while still pursuing my credential, no student teaching required. It was a miracle and only He could do such a thing. Doesn't it make you feel so loved and cherished? Congrats to you!

Mokihana said...

What wonderful news and what a wonderful way to incorporate it into WFW! Thank you!

lori said...

HOW AWESOME is that!!! Congratulations...He hears the desires of our hearts....our job is to WAIT on HIM...I'm with you sister, I too CLEARLY have problems with the "P" word!!

YEA!
peace and HALLELUJAH!
lori

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news and what a wonderful WFW to celebrate it :o)

bp said...

Congratulations to you! That is such a wonderful answer to your prayers. Thanks for sharing your exciting news. I like your little countdown!

bp said...

Congratulations to you! That is such a wonderful answer to your prayers. Thanks for sharing your exciting news. I like your little countdown!

Carry Grace said...

This is awesome news Kristi, I'm so happy for you! God is Good!

Mariposa said...

Glad to hear that! Patience indeed is a virtue!

Have a blessed day!

Erica said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations. I can't wait to celebrate your graduation!

Special K said...

Wonderful news!

Great post!

Happy WFW!

K

http://hisspecialk.blogspot.com/