Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Tackling...Fun!

This weekend, after all the craziness ended, we tackled some well needed fun! We headed to a brand new farm with our youth group and college kids. Here is the group:





My girls with their BFF Caroline. Rachel and Caroline have been friends since preschool days. She is like a sister to my girls. We love you, sweet Caroline!
We brought flashlights so that we could conquer one of the 12 acre mazes. The trail we chose was an hour long, but being the overachievers that we are, we finished it in 30 minutes. But, we aren't competitive or anything! Take that maze...conquered in 30 minutes flat!

Here are the brave trail blazers!



Didn't God paint a beautiful sunset in the corn maze? Absolutely stunning!

Nothing says stress reliever like blasting corn from a cannon:

Ready? Aim? Fire!



Oh, the fun I could have if these came in purse sizes.
Can you imagine?...You encounter a little stress in your day...reach into your purse and pull out one of these babies... blasto...then no more stress...just giggles...and corn kernels flying through the air at lightening speed. Oh, I'm kidding.

More pictures from the maze. The sunsets were too beautiful to miss!

The farm had a GIANT slide. It was a blast! They gave you burlap sacks to slide on...Here are the girls getting ready. I can only see Caroline's legs.

Race you to the bottom!


I raced Mr. Incredible down the slide too...yes I won! Of course! Not that I am competitive or anything. Woo Hoo!!!! Race ya again?

Here are a few more pictures of all of the gorgeous pumpkins, mums and gourds.

Aren't these pumpkins unique? They almost looked fake. I want to plant some in my garden next year! They are so cool!

I think we have a new tradition. We can't wait to go back!

Joyfully,

Kristi

P.S. DON'T FORGET: Enter my giveaway in order to win a special prize in honor of my 100th post! The winner will be announced this Friday!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

11 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Man I wish there was something like that around here. How fun that looks and yes after your other post I can see that you needed a fun break like that. Now that's my kind of tackle.
Hugs.

Toni said...

A day at a farm is really good for the soul, isn't it? My soul is definitely in need of some corn blasting!!! My son would've loved something like that - he had to just be happy with a corn kernel "sand" box. LOL

A Christian Mom said...

What a fun tackle for sure! Love the sunset pictures. Beautiful. Looks like everyone had a great time!

bp said...

You always come up with creative things for your Tackle It Tuesday! I love this one! We went to a corn maze last year with my Dad and had a fun time. I'd never been to one before. My son was sitting in my lap when I was looking at your pictures, he really liked that slide!

Anonymous said...

Ever since seeing Children of the Corn, any type of maze in a farmer's field terrifies me...

Michele Williams said...

That looks like so much fun! How awesome!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

How fun! I want to be in your kids youth group!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Heidi Boos said...

So glad you were able to have some fun. We live in an area where pumpkin patches and corn mazes are a MUST during the Fall season. We love it!

Debra Kaye said...

I absolutely love your idea about a purse sized one of the corn blasters!

This looks like one of the most fun times for a youth group! Awesome!

Blessings to you!

heidi said...

That looks like SUCH fun!! Thank you for sharing it. Back home they have a Pumpkin Chucking contest where contestants build a pumpkin chucker and the winner is the person that makes the best chucker and chucks it the farthest. One of the funniest things ever!

heidi said...

So I'm just gonna hang out here on your blog and listen to your awesome playlist. It totally rocks.