Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Sleep? What's Sleep? Pass the coffee beans before somebody gets hurt...please!

What does a family look like that has had:

1. A daughter travel with the band to an out of town football game that is almost 2 hours away, who returns home at twelve thirty Saturday morning only to be awakened by her momma at 5:00 in the morning because she has to be back at school by 6:00 in order to travel an hour to compete in a UIL marching contest. The band wins the contest, has lunch, and dear daughter is back home by 2:00.

2. A younger daughter that celebrated a friend's birthday at a slumber party and proudly proclaimed that she was the last one to go to bed....at 5:00... when her sister and parents were getting up for the day. Way to go sweetheart!

3. A Momma and Daddy who had a romantic date last night, it wasn't at the Furr's Cafeteria I am happy to say, picked up Rachel from school at 12:30 am, washed her band outfit, Daddy went to bed at 1:00, Momma waits until the clothes can go in the dryer...it's now 1:30, finally goes to bed and is met with the sound of B52 bombers taking off in the night, oh wait it's a buzz saw, oh wait, it's... Mr. Incredible! Oiy!!! Begs for him to roll over 12 different times, finally takes her pillow and blanket and smothers him with it...no....not really....goes to the family room couch at 2:20 to sleep until the rude awakening of the alarm clock at 4:45 because...we volunteered to help make breakfast burritos for the band and we have to be at school at 5:30 AM!

4. A Mom and Dad who meet up with 5 other parents who are trying to fix burritos and roll them with hands that don't seem to function just right, because it is 5:30! I was the cheery one of the group. I talked as fast as a girl in college living on 2 hours of sleep would do. I roll burritos like a mad woman who has not had her morning coffee. What a sight! We finish by 6:30.

5. We have the oil changed in the suburban, we were the first customers of the day, imagine that! Head to I-Hop for some caffeine and pancakes, does that coffee come in IV form?, and meet up with the band and watch them perform. We hoot and holler as if no one else were around or like 2 people who were up before the roosters and are living high and large on caffeine and Ihop pancakes made with real sugar. We finally pick up our daughters and head for home.

6. It is now 3:30 and this is what you would see around my house right now...it's exciting stuff:



Mr. B52 Bomber, I mean Buzz....zzzzzzzzzz!
A worn out Band Section Leader! Go band!

And the queen of the "I stayed up the longest but now I'm so tired I can't finish my book" girl!

And one Momma, who is wired from the day and feeling pretty good on a few hours of sleep...until she notices all of those wrinkles in this photo! Oiy!!! Calgon take me away!

Welcome to my world! Never a dull moment! I better get Rachel up! She and the youth group are headed to a 12 acre cornfield maze where more fun awaits! Have a great weekend!

Joyfully,

Kristi

PS Don't forget to enter my 100th post giveaway!!!

9 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Kristi,
Well aren't you thee only one wide eyed n bushy tailed. LOL I'm tuckered out just reading about all that... Hope yall get some rest!

Enjoy the maze in the cornfield!
L

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Have mercy girl! I feel like I need to go to sleep just after reading all that. I know you won't be jealous when I say that all I did today was go to Ross clothing store, throw in a load of laundry and play the Wii with the kids lol. It was a very lazy day! Get some well deserved rest my friend.
Hugs,
Kim

Marsha said...

You are TOO funny! And I didn't see any wrinkles...Buzzzz must've blown them off!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Sweet!

I know the feeling... Or should I say reality (of being the mom getting the least sleep). But hey, we get to experience so much more of life, right?

Rick said...

I got tired just reading your post. What kind of forest floor was your husband sleeping under?

Erica said...

You mean, this lack of sleep phase doesn't pass? Ha! You are such a great mom!
Gotta love those breakfast burritos. Anytime I take them to Bible study, they are a hit...not really a FL thing, so glad I could bless them!
I hope you get some rest today.
Erica

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

If you think you have wrinkles, my what will you think about me!

You look fabulous!

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get any sleep Friday night.

Love your stories!

Cheryl

Brenda said...

OK, now that's a busy weekend! Rest up this week!

Anonymous said...

I live near our neighborhood high school and have to say they work those poor band kids too hard! They're out there at all hours of the day practicing. Of course, it does keep them out of trouble and keeps the parents awake until all hours of the night too...