1. A daughter travel with the band to an out of town football game that is almost 2 hours away, who returns home at twelve thirty Saturday morning only to be awakened by her momma at 5:00 in the morning because she has to be back at school by 6:00 in order to travel an hour to compete in a UIL marching contest. The band wins the contest, has lunch, and dear daughter is back home by 2:00.
2. A younger daughter that celebrated a friend's birthday at a slumber party and proudly proclaimed that she was the last one to go to bed....at 5:00... when her sister and parents were getting up for the day. Way to go sweetheart!
3. A Momma and Daddy who had a romantic date last night, it wasn't at the Furr's Cafeteria I am happy to say, picked up Rachel from school at 12:30 am, washed her band outfit, Daddy went to bed at 1:00, Momma waits until the clothes can go in the dryer...it's now 1:30, finally goes to bed and is met with the sound of B52 bombers taking off in the night, oh wait it's a buzz saw, oh wait, it's... Mr. Incredible! Oiy!!! Begs for him to roll over 12 different times, finally takes her pillow and blanket and smothers him with it...no....not really....goes to the family room couch at 2:20 to sleep until the rude awakening of the alarm clock at 4:45 because...we volunteered to help make breakfast burritos for the band and we have to be at school at 5:30 AM!
4. A Mom and Dad who meet up with 5 other parents who are trying to fix burritos and roll them with hands that don't seem to function just right, because it is 5:30! I was the cheery one of the group. I talked as fast as a girl in college living on 2 hours of sleep would do. I roll burritos like a mad woman who has not had her morning coffee. What a sight! We finish by 6:30.
5. We have the oil changed in the suburban, we were the first customers of the day, imagine that! Head to I-Hop for some caffeine and pancakes, does that coffee come in IV form?, and meet up with the band and watch them perform. We hoot and holler as if no one else were around or like 2 people who were up before the roosters and are living high and large on caffeine and Ihop pancakes made with real sugar. We finally pick up our daughters and head for home.
6. It is now 3:30 and this is what you would see around my house right now...it's exciting stuff:
And one Momma, who is wired from the day and feeling pretty good on a few hours of sleep...until she notices all of those wrinkles in this photo! Oiy!!! Calgon take me away!
Welcome to my world! Never a dull moment! I better get Rachel up! She and the youth group are headed to a 12 acre cornfield maze where more fun awaits! Have a great weekend!
PS Don't forget to enter my 100th post giveaway!!!