Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Tackling Run Through Signs

This is what you would see when you walk in my front door:

This too:


I have been busy painting run through signs for my Pee Wee Cheerleaders.

No, I did not paint them in my formal living room and dining room; they are just drying in there.

I didn't take a picture of our first sign. Just imagine 8 adorable girls grades 4 through 6, pony tails, cheer leading outfits, holding a red sign for a team of very tough, macho 4th-6th grade boys.

I was tickled to see all of the boys looking at the sign. They had to look at it before they ripped it into shreds when they ran through it. I thought the cheerleaders made them look at it. Hannah said the boys wanted to look at it before they ran through...how sweet!

Then...all of my work was happily shredded to pieces. Oh, the joys of Pee Wee football games!

Here are my other signs:
(Creativity is such fun!)


I started running out of white paint...

I like the brightness of the white paint better!


I squeezed the last bit of white paint out for this one:

(I think it's my fave!)



So, I gave you 2 different views!




Not bad for run through signs! The team we cheered for last year NEVER scored a touchdown! We always brought candy to throw into the stands, as a just in case! Alas, we had to eat it because again, NOT ONE TOUCHDOWN!

This year, we cheer for a new team. I had very high hopes for at least one touchdown so last week, I brought candy to throw into the stands. The girls and I were having such a blast cheering, and not really paying attention to the game...when I heard a parent scream....

Way to go Giants! Woo Hoo! Rachel said, "Momma, they SCORED!"

We couldn't believe it...we got to throw candy!!!! And we almost missed our chance!

I'll have you know, we got to throw candy 2 more times after that. Clearly, throwing candy may become the highlight of our season. The poor man who was binged in the head by a flying Tootsie Roll may think otherwise...but hey the cheerleader doesn't throw like a girl! Last year's team could have used her!

We have another game tonight and I can't wait! What are you tackling today?

Joyfully,

Kristi


Tackle It Tuesday Meme

15 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Those signs are great and I love the flying tootsie roll lol. Sounds like you have a blast!
Go GIANTS! LOL. Sorry got caught in the moment.
Blessings my friend.

Erica said...

I love the candy idea! How fun.
The signs look great! Sad, though that they get ripped to shreds after all your hard work. Good thing you are good at it!

earthlingorgeous said...

Lovely signs! And the candy throwing hahahaha! Poor guy that was hit with the tootsie roll indeed hahahaha! What a fun cheering! GO GIANTS! Great tackle!

Amydeanne said...

wow! Great job! love the colors!

bp said...

I like your Toby Mac song playing!

Those are great signs. That's so cute the boys wanted to look at it before shredding it.

My little boy likes for us to hold things up for him to run through when he gets out his football at home.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Great signs - I used to love making the run through signs for our football players - great memories.

Natalie said...

That was a big "tackle" to make those signs...no pun intended. They look great!

Anonymous said...

Love those signs and the candy throwing!

Forgetfulone said...

Hi! Glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I like it!

Are you still in Texas? (I read about Baylor U. in your about me section). So, I wanted to invited you to join us at Blogging around Texas. Check it out. It's a great group of Texans.

Your daughters look like twins. Obviously they're not the pee wee cheerleaders you painted signs with this week! I coached pee week CL when my daughter was in fifth grade. It was so much fun.

And I'm a teacher. I took one year off to sub and stay home (three years ago). This is my 20th year.

Just wanted to introduce myself because I will be coming back to your blog.

Forgetfulone said...

oops. Forgot the actual link.
http://bloggingacrosstexas.ning.com/

Tracy said...

Awesome signs! Love the throwing of the candy! = ) I like the red with the white letters, too!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I am a mother of 7 year old twin boys and they are starting their 2nd year of mitey mites football. This year I am in charge of making the signs, I haven't made a sign since high school- years ago. I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of paint you use and where you purchased it? I appreciate your help. I love the candy idea! Tammy

Unknown said...

Awesome! I am a mother of 7 year old twin boys and they are starting their 2nd year of mitey mites football. This year I am in charge of making the signs, I haven't made a sign since high school- years ago. I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of paint you use and where you purchased it? I appreciate your help. I love the candy idea! Tammy

Unknown said...

Awesome! I am a mother of 7 year old twin boys and they are starting their 2nd year of mitey mites football. This year I am in charge of making the signs, I haven't made a sign since high school- years ago. I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of paint you use and where you purchased it? I appreciate your help. I love the candy idea! Tammy

Kristi said...

Hi Tammy! Twin boys....oh how fun! I simply used craft paint from Hobby Lobby for the signs. The key is to use the foam brushes for a fantastic straight edge.