Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Thankful Thursday 10-8-09


Wow! This week is flying by! While I have a few seconds, I thought I would share a few of the many things I am thankful for:

1. Report cards arrived today and both of my girls made straight A's!!! Woo hoo!!! We will celebrate with a movie or a special dinner this weekend.

2. Three of my classes were cancelled this week which allowed me extra time at home to do mom things like paint 6 signs for the Pee Wee cheerleaders. I always enjoy being creative.

3. My parents have been sick but they are both feeling much better. Mr. Incredible is sick too. I'm thankful that he was able to see the doctor today.

4. Tuesday night's pee wee football game was such a blast. My cheerleaders did a fantastic job and Hannah has really stepped up as the leader of the squad. Rachel and I are having fun coaching them. I didn't realize how much I have missed this.

5. My oldest nephew is asking a lot of questions about Jesus and salvation. We have been praying for his salvation since the day that he was born. This is so exciting!

6. A friend at school thought that I was 25! She couldn't believe that I will turn 39 next month. I think she must need glasses! :-) But, it sure made this girl feel good.

7. I LOVE our new children's ministry. One of the little first grade boys looked at me and said, "Mrs. Kristi...I love Elevate!" That was music to my ears. His brother just accepted Christ as his Savior this past Sunday. His mom said, I don't know what you are teaching but my son is listening. He just told his big brother that he was glad He asked Jesus into His heart because now he would have to be nicer to him. I laughed! Our lesson was on the Golden Rule...our motto was "Love God...Love others."

There are so many other things on my list. God blesses us far more than we deserve. I'm so thankful to be His child.

Joyfully,

Kristi


19 comments:

Felicity said...

I love your thanksfuls! They left me with a smile on my face :)

Denise said...

Wow, such precious blessings.

God Chaser said...

I give God praise for your wonderful list of thanks- sounds wonderful especially your nephew accepting Christ. Be Blessed

Leaon Mary said...

Hey you young CHICKadee!
I woulda thought you were only 25 too! In fact you don't look a day over 24. ;) I wear Godvision lenses you know!
I'm so glad your folks are feeling better, and all is well at Kikis Corner!
Just had to stop by for my Kristifix.
Blessings to you sister!
Love and holy kisses,
Lea

Addicted to Beadz said...

Love your list! Love hearing about little ones accepting Christ.

Thank you for sharing!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

i'm happy for you, kristi. congratulations on both the girls' straight A's. ♥

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wonderful Thankful list my friend. Wow. Straight A's. I'd say it's time to celebrate!
Blessings to you.
Kim

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

You do, in fact, wear the joy of the joy of the Lord, very well! I love your TT post. What a sweet, thankful heart you have.

Blessings to you today!!

Nancie said...

Thank God your girls did so well! Hope you have a wonderful time of thanksgiving together. Thank God for restoring your parents and Mr. Incredible :) Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

Unknown said...

Hi Krisi,

I thoroughly enjoy visiting each week on Thursday! Your lists always lift me up!

I lol when I read about your age - someone just said something very similar to me because I am 40 and they thought I was 26. Oh we can pretend right? Actually I LOVE growing older in His grace and wouldn't go back in time for anything. Every experience has taught me something and brought me to the exact spot I am today!

You are such a precious jewel to me in His crown!
Jill

Laurie Ann said...

I love your list of praises! Praying for Mr. Incredible, that he feels better soon. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet post blessings.

Melanie said...

Oh, Kristi.. girl, you have had one blessed week! I'm so thankful God showered so many special blessings on you and your family this week.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Erica said...

So many great things to be thankful for...it doesn't take long to make a lengthy list.
Bless the heart of the girl that thought you were 25! Way to go girls on those straight A's!

Tonya said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment.

Happy Thankful Thursday to You! =-)

Marsha said...

I love the way your family and your vocation in life bring great blessing to you. Thank you for sharing your passion with us so faithfully each week.

Michele Williams said...

Wonderful Thankful post. The girls so so bright. Wow! You're still a young one! Take care dear friend.

Michele said...

I am thankful for your blog - it uplifts me and makes me more aware of my blessings.
P.S. My daugher attends Baylor - Class of 2011!

bp said...

You have such a nice thankful list! Congrats to your girls on the A's! Hope they have fun celebrating that accomplishment.