The phone rang late that stinkin' afternoon. It was my oldest nephew. His sweet voice said, "Aunt Kiki, the next time you have a skunk in your garage, just call me." Okay, sweet nephew, you're on, but I hope I never have a skunk visit my garage again. It's a no skunk zone! All little stinkers stay away!
Anyway, I can't believe it is Saturday already! Where does the time go? We just have 9 days before school begins and only 6 days until Living Proof Live in San Antonio. Hola Siestas!
these adorable Thank You cards:
Aren't they cute? I think they are just adorable and I am so thrilled to have them.
Thank you, Nikki!
Last weekend we got to go to Rock the Desert. Here is Hawk Nelson:
A sweet friend of Rachel's shared his backstage passes and they both got to ride a bus to the stage and actually sit on the stage while Switchfoot rocked out to songs like, "We were meant to live for so much more..." She was so excited!
I was also tagged by Amy. Here are some random things about me that you may not know:
- My favorite color is red.
- I like to baste myself (as Hannah calls it) with my favorite self tanner, St. Tropez. I gotta save my skin plus everything looks better with a tan. (I know Dad. There is probably something in Ecclesiastes about this, but it's really ok. :-) )
- I enjoy working in the yard. Really, I do. I look forward to mowing, diagonally is my favorite pattern. I just plug in my IPod and start mowing, weeding, and enjoying being with the Master Gardner and His beautiful creations.
- I am fiercely competitive. You may know this from my bowling fiasco. In the words of Nacho Libre, "I wanna win!" When I was in the fifth grade, I wanted to get my ears pierced. My Dad told me that I could get them pierced only after I scored 5 goals in my soccer season and after I read Ecclesiastes. I was the goalie and a full back. The odds were not that great. But, guess what? I did it and I have the holes in my ears to prove it. I have to add, it's not my fault that I am super competitive. I have super competitive parents, its in the genes, and I've proudly passed those genes on to my girls. Really, you can be super competitive and sweet at the same time. It's an art form.
- I drove an Indy car 149.81 mph and I got to drive 12 laps. So fun! I heart speed!
- I can't seem to get enough of the Olympics this week! Our family leapt off the couch when Michael Phelps and the guys won the first relay. There is so much patriotism and camaraderie. This is the best reality TV ever!
Name 6 random things about you.
Have a great weekend!