The much anticipated and prayed for Siesta Fiesta was fantastic. It was such a joy to get to go with my Mom and Dad and Mr. Incredible.
Here we are in the stands.
We are on the second row between our Miestas. Do you see us?
(Funny, I thought I was having a great hair day, apparently I was mistaken!)
Travis and the praise team were fabulous. His new Christmas album comes out in October and I can hardly wait. He sang one of the new songs on Saturday and it blew me away!
It's simply amazing. Wow! God has blessed him!
I've so admired Big Mama and Boo Mama's blogs (Melanie and Sophie). They just bless me every time that I visit. They are absolutely hysterical, creative, and so down to earth that you would love to sit and have a cup of coffee or a big glass of sweet tea with them. They are amazing moms and they fiercely love Jesus and it shows in their writing.
I knew that Lifeway was bringing them to the event and I secretly hoped for a chance to meet my blogging mentors. Saturday morning, we headed down to the lobby of our hotel and guess who was there????? Oh, my heavens! I was so excited. There they were standing by the door waiting for their car! Delight!
I was star struck big time! I really didn't want to bother them, but I just couldn't contain myself. I introduced myself and then we took a picture. I think I told them that they were such a blessing to me but I can't remember.
They are just the sweetest things and could easily be America's best friends.They are just like they appear on their blogs, incredible!
Five minutes later Beth Moore, Amanda, Melissa, and her body guard walked right in front of us to their waiting car. I couldn't believe it! The Lifeway Gestapo man wouldn't let me take a picture of them as they passed by. (It's okay Rich. I understand, I really do and I really don't think of you as Gestapo Man) I think he thought that I wanted to pose w/ Beth. I think this is funny because if I could hardly speak to Melanie and Sophie there is no way that I could have asked Beth to pose with me.
What a sweet surprise God blessed me with!
He loves to give gifts to His children and I felt so loved!
Here is a brief recap of Beth's message.
We learned that we are heirs and that we have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6 says, "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for my in pleasant places; indeed I have a beautiful inheritance.
Beth explained, I am an Heir of God:
I. My life is not left to chance. We are too significant to Him for that. (Psalm 16:5)
2. I am inheriting a Kingdom. Matthew 25:34
3. He is my portion...and (amazingly) I am His portion. (Psalm 16:5, I peter 2:4-5, Psalm 73:25-26).
4. The down payment has been made. (The Holy Spirit is like our engagement ring or our deposit a symbol of the promise that He is returning for His bride. How cool!)
5. My boundary lines form a pleasing place. 2 Samuel 23:1 (My life belongs to God. Is God invading all of me? If He is not then the devil is standing on my land and he needs to move!)
6. The will has been activated. (His plan is in motion through Jesus Christ.)
7. I can be secure. (Only Jesus can identify me or tell me who I am and that is true security) Our theology has not become our reality if we continue to walk in insecurity.
8. I have a beautiful inheritance. Isaiah 61:1-7, Ephesians 3:6. It's far better than we can imagine. Confidence in my inheritance changes how I look at myself and my past.
It was a weekend to remember and treasure. I just loved going with my sweet husband and my wonderful parents.
May each one of you have a blessed Labor Day weekend!