Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Special Songs that Ministered to Us

Today is another glorious day! Rachel is doing so well and we continue to rejoice and marvel in all that God is doing! Her only pain seems to be coming from her incisions and that pain is very minimal. She only takes Motrin or Tylenol once or twice a day now. And my heart is simply overcome again with absolute gratitude and praise to the One who is so worthy of our absolute best praise! I will live the rest of my life thanking Him for all that He has done!

In sharing glimpses of surgery and this momma's reflection, I couldn't leave out an important part. Our family loves music; music speaks to our hearts.

Right before Rachel's surgery, I heard this song by Phil Stacey (the guy that was on American Idol a few seasons ago). It is called, "You're not Shaken." This song blessed me so much. I realized that if God was not shaken, then how could I be, because Rachel was being held in the palm of His mighty hands. We played this song over and over in the car as we traveled to Ft. Worth and then as we stayed busy the day before surgery.



This next song was heavy on my heart too both before surgery and during surgery. The words say, " Be strong in the Lord and, never give up hope,You're going to do great things, I already know, God's got His hand on you so,Don't live life in fear..." I knew in my heart that God still had big plans for Rachel's life and this song really ministered to my heart and to her heart as well.



This week Rachel and I ran a few, very short errands. I didn't want her to be out in public where a lot of sick people might be, but she really wanted to get out of the house for a little while, so we decided to carefully run a few errands. While we were in the car, this song by Kutless (That's what Faith can Do) came on Air1 and I noticed that Rachel instantly started crying, huge alligator tears. She explained that this was one of the songs that really ministered to her during the days leading up to her surgery.



What songs are ministering to you right now? I would love to know.


11 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings sweet Kristi(and Rachel & Hannah, too)...I'm sure that ALL these songs and more not only minister MORE to you but mean alot more from this side of MIRACLES!

Beautiful selections but since I'm in tears, rejoicing over every day of Rachel's progress & glorious recovery day by day, God's way...inch by inch, it's not always a cinch...but pain by pain, will be heaven's gain & Rachel's victory! I pray that ALL pain subsides in Christ's Name! I'm so sure that MUSIC brings healing! Also good to pass the time when you can't sleep but really want to or need to find rest, and also when you just want to keep your eyes closed & thank Him for great things He has done & is doing! I'm glad that you had a brief outing but you are right to be wise and realize, now is not the time to chance anything! Praisin' God & rejoicing over here with YOU!

Andrea said...

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Blessings, andrea

PS: You have an award at arise 2 write.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Kristi:
I'm so glad you stopped by. It gave me the opportunity to read your blog about Rachel, and wow! what a testimony to God's faithfulness. I've added the button to my page and will continue to pray with you for complete recovery. I also see that you are a Texas family, so are we.
Your post reminded me of my life, many years ago, I had spinal meningitis, and it was absolutely the prayers of so many that pulled me through.
Thanks for the wonderful post, and give Rachel a big hug for me!
Sonja

bp said...

The line in that song "don't live life in fear" really speaks to me everytime. I heard the KLOVE people talking about it one day and one of them said her husband asked her what would you do if you weren't afraid? That has stuck with me. I don't need to not do something because of fear of anything and this song is a good reminder.

Brook said...

FYI while I'm thinking of it, the song Alive Again is by Matt Maher

I had never heard the first of your songs before either. The song touched me as well and gave me some words to express how I am feeling. I love the other two selections as well, esp. Kutless...they rock!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

These are beautiful great songs! I am so glad they have ministered to You, Your Family & your daughter during her illness. I am so glad she is doing better . I will remember her in my prayers.
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

These are beautiful great songs! I am so glad they have ministered to You, Your Family & your daughter during her illness. I am so glad she is doing better . I will remember her in my prayers.
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

His Unfailing Love said...

Incredible songs. Thanks for sharing your life and heart with us. Miracles do happen. It happens to our family too. Rachel has also won and become victorious over her struggles with all the pains. Praying for all of you with God's bountiful blessings!

Hazel said...

Wonderful songs. They do have minstering effect. Thanks for sharing them. It's wonderful how God speaks to us in prosperity or adversity. Hugs to Rachel.

Lisa notes... said...

Wow--just been reading some about Rachel's stuff. So thankful for the miracles you've been receiving! Such an awesome testimony to God's goodness.

I'm being blessed by the songs you posted, too. I hadn't heard Phil Stacy's song, but it's something I REALLY need to hear right now. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristi!! I can't even believe you posted that song by the Sidewalk Prophets. I first heard it a few weeks before Rachel's surgery and I couldn't help but think of her and all the others out there who were facing similar situations. I cry everytime I hear that song, it's so beautiful. We are so happy here that Rachel is doing so well!!