Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Feed the Birds

Good morning! I'm just dropping in to say, "It's snowing outside!!!!!!" Yippee. I know my version of "snow"is different from yours, thank you Kim @ Seasons of My Heart, who giggled at our last snow day because she gets the big snow (not that I am jealous or anything-okay, I'll be honest, I totally am). We are hoping for the big snow here too!

Anyway, with the wetter, colder weather coming back to town, the girls and I have been concerned about the birds....the fat, excuse me I should say plump or fluffy doves (I much prefer that term myself after everything that I ate over the last week....and it makes me think of my precious Aunt Faye who had a magnet in the shape of a sheep on her refrigerator that read, "Ewes not fat, Ewes just fluffy"). They were the smart ones who went into hiding during dove season. I think it is funny that they like to hang around our home after dove season is over....the one where 2 mighty hunters reside (no-not me...Mr. Incredible and Hannah).

I had a little left over cornbread from making PW's stuffing, which is delicious by the way. So, I sprinkled a little on the driveway on Christmas Eve morning, and then accidentally drove over it as we left for Christmas Eve dinner at Mom and Dad's....yes I know they live next door, but it was like 15 degrees outside and we had a lot to carry, so we did what any smart one would do and drove next door, it was a fine little house on the prairie moment. Ha!

When we got back home, those plump little dove had licked off every little morsel that was mashed into our driveway. On Sunday morning, the girls resolved to feed the birds a little better than their momma, so they carefully made cute little piles of crumbled cornbread all along the front sidewalk...far away from my suburban. And...no birds came. Apparently, they like the taste of rubber with their cornbread.

A few minutes later, they arrived in sweet little family groups to eat Sunday cornbread together. We had fun watching them eat until their fluffy little bodies became even more fluffier and then we headed for church. This is what we saw when we drove up to our house after church:








Word travels fast in Dove land and those pictures don't even begin to do the scene justice (did you notice the chimney?). Every eave along the house was lined with dove. We counted over 300 and then Mr. Incredible looked at me, a bit sarcastically, and said, "Want me to get my gun now?" and then mumbled something about the mess they would make all over the house.

Apparently, we were blessed with very conscientious birds, because they did not mess up our house....but I bet they found his truck after hearing his gun comment. Ya'll have a blessed day. I'm off to watch the falling snow.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope the snow comes my way. We do not get a lot of snow, however we got 10 inches the week before Christmas...I am greedily praying for more....I suppose I am never satisfied. Maybe if I lived somewhere it snowed all the time I would not feel this way, but I don't soooo I am even jealous of your little bit of snow, today.
Blessings, andrea

Anonymous said...

we are suppose to get some more snow today.

Unknown said...

I am laughing at Mr. Incredible's comment!!! And yes, we did get snow today! Beautiful. It won't last, but we love it when it's here.

The Jungs said...

hahaha! Oh this makes me laugh :)

Janean said...

Kiki, watching the falling snow sounds wonderful...uh, actually, it's snowing here again. yay!!!

Kathy Schwanke said...

You are so funny! So guy~typical! I am amazed at seeing palm leaves at Christmas time!

Rejoicing in your miracle too!
God is good!!

Brenda said...

I wish we had snow, but at least it has been a chilly 50°! I even have to put the heat on at night sometimes!

Love all the birds!