Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Reflections on Rachel's Surgery Part 5

Rachel slept more soundly Wednesday night and so did the rest of us. As I placed my head on the pillow to sleep, I had so much to thank the Lord for. Wednesday was not nearly the rough day that we had anticipated. Rachel ate well and didn't get sick one time, she walked around the hospital (we even took the elevator to go downstairs to see the beautiful gingerbread villages), her incision looked so good (they didn't have to shave any of her hair), and she was doing her neck exercises. I think I actually went to sleep praising the Lord for all that He had done that day.

Thursday morning was Thanksgiving. Oh, it was a Thanksgiving like no other. I got ready early, before Rachel and her daddy, had my quiet time with the Lord, and then Rachel woke up feeling really well and wanting to take a shower! We carefully washed her beautiful blond hair and then I blow dried it on the lowest setting possible. It felt so good to her to get to take a shower and wash her hair.

She told me that she was ready to go home...and I once again marveled at her inward beauty and grace. She and the Lord have had quite a thing going on and it has been incredible to watch! She reasoned that she was on oral medications, eating normal foods, walking, feeling well, and she just knew that she would recover better at home. That was all this momma's heart needed to hear. I quickly put my apprehension aside, and started packing.

Dr. Roberts came in as I was packing. After our visit the night before and my visible apprehension to not go home too quickly, I think that he was resolved that we were staying another night. Rachel explained her reasonings behind wanting to go home...and he agreed completely with her. He was so glad to see how well she was doing, told us to come see him in a month, and signed the release forms. WOW! So, less than 48 hours after brain surgery, we were released to go home! Oh, God, You amaze me!!!!! And I was once again reminded of the verse that says, "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine."

I think that you can guess what Rachel chose to wear home from the hospital. Would you like to see?



Oh, yes, she wore her special Cook Children's Hospital jersey home! It is and continues to be yet another visible sign of Rachel's journey of faith, of the precious yet mighty Child of God's that she is, of the victory that God has given, of the amazing doctor and hospital staff that performed the surgery and took great care of her, and of the incredible team of people who surrounded us with prayers and words of encouragement (yes, that is you too!), and how dearly loved Rachel is...and she wears it proudly!

Rachel slept well for most of the 4 1/2 hour trip home. The more she slept, the faster her daddy drove. We were ready to get her home and out of the car. We pulled up to the driveway to see this sign:

My little nephews call Rachel "Ray-Ray" and "Your liebs" is a term of love from Aaron. It is German and means, "Your loves/my love."

A Thanksgiving to treasure! No, we didn't have turkey, or dressing, or green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, or pecan pie for dinner....we had Chinese food (thanks Nonnie and Poppie) instead because Rachel thought that would be way more fun...and it was the most wonderful, amazing, incredible, blessed, Thanksgiving ever!

Rachel continues to do well. She slept with me for the first several nights home from the hospital...and that made me sleep way better too. Her recovery continues to amaze all of us. I am fully convinced that there is absolutely nothing too difficult for God! He has shown Himself so faithful to us and we have rejoiced over and over again at the work of His hands.

If you don't know Him as your Savior and Lord, this would be the perfect day and the perfect season as we celebrate His birth. I would love to talk to you about how to ask Jesus to be your savior. You may email me at kristiatkikiscorner@gmail.com

Oh, yes! He is mighty to save....He is our Strong Tower....our Deliverer....the One who still performs miracles today...and the One who loves you more than you can possibly imagine! Just look at Rachel~she is living proof of His great love for His children. To Him be all the praise and all the glory for the great things that He has done and continues to do!

9 comments:

Barbie said...

I continue to marvel at God's goodness towards you...not marveling that He choose Rachel to display His goodness too, but that this is the very nature of our God. WOW! Rachel's story is so inspiring!

Lana said...

I love that "your liebs!!!"

What a testimony of God's goodness!

Blessings to you!

I've had Chinese food on more than one occasion for Thanksgiving and Christmas...it is more fun!!!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love it my friend. Thank you for taking us on this wonderful yet sometimes trying journey with you!
Hugs
Kim

Andrea said...

Chinese food may be your Thanksgiving for years to come. You definitely have good reason to begin new traditions...GOD has most certainly given you a huge gift this thanksgiving past!
Blessings and hugs,
andrea

Leaon Mary said...

I'm praising God for answering our prayers!!!

I'm so thankful Kristi and joyful that you are sharing your faith and leading others to Christ through this experience.
GOD BLESS YOU MY LIEB

Melanie said...

Hi, Kristi! Thanks so much for sharing so much of your journey with us all. Our God IS so great -- exactly as He has shown your family over the course of the last year.

Love you all and will continue to pray!

Nancy said...

What an amazing story! I just added you to my favorite blogs to read! Praying for Rachel & your family during recovery!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh my gosh, Kristi! Just caught up on Rachel's story, and I'm just praising God! So glad your house is doing fabulously! And God has kept Rachel in the palm of His hand, and granted so much wisdom & knowledge to those surgeons! If I'd known you were basically in my backyard at Cook's, I would have come to see y'all!

Dreams of Perfection said...

Thank you so much for sharing. She is such a strong person. You are an amazing mother & writer.