Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Black Eyed Peas Please

Happy New Year! I pray that your 2009 will be Divine...Filled to overflowing with the Divine One who loves you so very much.

So, are your black eyed peas on to cook?
My girls don't really care for black eyed peas, so I have to be creative every year.
This recipe was a hit:


Black Eyed Pea Salsa-cast of characters (rooster not included):



add 1 can of corn to 2 cans of black eyed peas, drain and rinse well


Add 4 cloves of fresh garlic, 1 cup of chopped cilantro (I adore cilantro!)

juice from 1 lime (I only had the concentrate on hand)


2 cans of Rotel


2 bunches of scallions



Stir together and serve in a special bowl.


This bowl belonged to my special Granny. I think the salsa looks so pretty in it.



Don't you agree?



Serve with tortilla chips. Yum!

While I am having fun using my new camera....here is another recipe.

Mom's Hot Bites

All you need are 6 eggs, 1 pound of Cheddar cheese, and jalapeno slices.




And a hot man to beat the eggs for you:


Line jalapeno slices in an 8x8 pan (my hubby likes the extra mild jalapenos)

Layer shredded cheese on top

Pour beaten eggs on top of the cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


Delicious and easy! These always get rave reviews at parties.
Cut into 1" squares:


Then call the maid to clean up your mess!

Oh right...I am the maid! I better get busy.



8 comments:

Liz said...

ooh.those black eyed peas look yummy! I served black eyed peas this morning and my friends and family that were raised here in the north looked at me like I was crazy!They wanted pork and sauerkraut!Happy New Year to you and yours.May this new year bring peace and happiness to you and yours!

Lana said...

Yummy! I've been cleaning up for Christmas and forgot to eat. :) No more Santa throw up! Yeah!

HEATHER said...

Your recipes and photos look YUMMY. Our New Year tradition is black eyed peas with pork, sourkrout and mashed potatoes. I just love the smell when its all cooking. Happy New Year to you and your family, I pray that this year is full of Blessings.
Love in Christ, Heather

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Mmm... those recipes look yummy!

Happy New Year!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Yummy, Yummy recipes my friend. And I love the bowl. It's gorgeous!
Hugs.

bp said...

I thought it looks like you are having fun with your new camera as I read your post today! The salsa looks pretty in the bowl!

Colored With Memories said...

the salsa looks like it deserves a try from me...yummy!

have fun with your new camera!

Erica said...

Looks delicious!
Your camera takes really great pictures, too.
Have a great weekend.