Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Bring that Ball Back Up...I Need a Do-Over!

***Update: Rachel has a little headache this afternoon. The hospital called to tell me that the radiologist is requesting an MRI. Gulp! The man on the other line responded to my bazillion questions by explaining that they just want to get the bigger picture. They didn't see anything on the CT scan. She will have her MRI at 10 tomorrow morning. Thank you sweet friends for joining me in prayer for Rachel. I'm not going to worry, at least I'm trying not to let my mind go there, I'm just going to trust in the Great Physician who is always on call and be thankful that the radiologist just wants to be thorough.


So how was your New Years Day? After feasting on the Black Eyed Pea Salsa and Mom's Hot Bites, Mr. Incredible and I got ready and attended the funeral of a dear teacher who has courageously battled cancer for the last 3 years. It was a beautiful service. There were so many students and teachers there that tears filled my eyes. She will certainly be missed.

God used her to encourage me to return to school and finish what He started in me. I am so thankful that I was able to share that with her. I just saw her on the last day of school. She was encouraged by her upcoming treatments and then the Great Physician called her home.

We followed the funeral by taking Rachel to the emergency room! She has been suffering from a severe headache since Saturday afternoon. Her pediatrician prescribed new allergy medicine but it didn't help. Since he won't be back in town until Monday we were forced to visit the ER.

The CT scan doesn't show anything and we are so thankful. They gave her 2 shots for the pain and she seems to be feeling much better today although she is a bit nauseated from the medicine. We are thankful that she seems much better today.


I, on the other hand, am emotionally shot. I need Mr. Dick Clark to order the ball to be brought back up, and let the countdown begin again! Oh, I kid, sort of.

Good news! The ER waiting room seems to be a place of confession. I'm not sure why but one of our precious dainty daughters, who will remain nameless, confessed that she once tried, many years ago,to "pee standing up" in our bathroom. Uh, huh...great news. Am I dreaming?

Not to worry, she explained "I cleaned it up with one of your towels!" She was 5 at the time so I'm sure the clean up was incredible. Why she felt the need to spill the "pee" (beans just didn't seem appropriate) is beyond me but it made for a good laugh in the ER surrounded by people who I am sure thought we were crazy. Uh,yes we are! My family is never boring!

There was more, but I'll just keep that to myself. On a different note, if you are still with me here, please pray for Rachel today. Also, I have a big decision to make today and I would really appreciate your prayers.
Joyfully,
Kristi

12 comments:

bp said...

You have my prayers. God bless you today.

Lana said...

I'll be praying that the Lord direct your path to His Glory! Amen!

Sorry, to hear about your daughter. Sickness stinks!

Hope your week gets much better! Blessings to ya'!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I'll be praying for you my friend.
Hugs to you.
Kim

Melanie said...

Ah, Kristi... funny about the confessions! My daughter used to try and do than when potty training 'cause she wanted to be like her big brother. Oh, and.. she was only two at the time! :)

Anyhoo... thanks for all your prayers this week. Both for Abby and for my sister and her family as they are headed for the missions field. Your prayers mean so very much to us all!

I'll keep you all in my prayers, as well. Praying for all that knew this special teacher and will miss her, for Rachel and for you in the decision you have facing you today.

Love ya and Happy New Year!

Tracy said...

You have my prayers my friend, as does Rachel. Hope she feels better soon. Quite a start to the new year, huh? ; )

Leaon Mary said...

Bad news....
Dick Clark would not accept my call.. sorry; I tried for ya.*
But I did "get through" heavenward on your behalf and pray for your darling chicklet to feel better and I prayed God's will for your decision.
Blessings Kristi,
L

Marsha said...

Rachel is in my prayers.

Blessings to you and your family.

Amydeanne said...

oh boy, praying for her, i hope all goes well with the mri.

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you and Rachel!

Courtney said...

My prayers are definitely with your family. Of course you know that your daughter is in His hands and she will be fine.

Susie said...

What a crazy New Year's you had!! Your daughter is in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out well.

Karen M said...

Praying for Rachel. Keep us updated.

Also praying for your decision.
Hope things get going a good direction soon.