Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

In Him our Hearts Rejoice

"In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You." Psalm 33:21-22
On this past Sunday morning, our dear friend Mrs. Jackie went home to be with Jesus.

While our hearts are sad because we will miss her so much, our hearts can also rejoice because she is with her Savior, the One who loves her so very much.

She and her family are so special to us. She was one of our biggest supporter when we were in the music ministry. Every minister needs support like Mrs. Jackie's support. She had the best smile and such a generous heart.

We have cried buckets of tears with her sweet husband over the last several days. Please, remember Mrs. Jackie's family in your prayers tomorrow.
My husband and I have been asked to sing at her funeral tomorrow. I'm singing "Legacy" and my husband and I are singing, "When I Get Where I'm Going" together.

Please, pray for us tomorrow at 2 if you think about it. With all that is continuing with Rachel's headaches and now with taking 3 night classes while teaching high school computer classes, my nerves are still a bit on edge. I get the shakes so easily. Hopefully tomorrow, my eye won't start twitching.

Ya'll were so sweet to ask about Rachel. We have had a major cold front come through our area and her headaches have been absolutely excruciating. We both stayed home Monday but she was able to go to school with me for a half day today. She and Hannah loved Mrs. Jackie so Rachel is hoping to feel like going to the funeral.

March 12th can't come soon enough. We are more than ready to see the Pediatric Neurologist. I'm not sure why God has blessed me with a teaching position while Rachel's headaches are still so terrible but I do know that He is over all of this and that nothing is too difficult for Him.

His unfailing love is amazing isn't it? He is the One that we cling to and the One in whom we place our trust and hope.

Joyfully,
Kristi




24 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Rachel's headaches have been bad again. I will be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon.

Sheryl

Denise said...

I am so very sorry to hear that Rachels headaches have been so bad. I am asking God to take the pain away. I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend, will be praying for you all tomorrow.

Michele Williams said...

I'm so sorry that Rachel's headaches are so bad. We continue to pray for and the whole family. I know this is a very stressful time. I will be praying for you and your husband as well. I know everyone at the funeral will be blessed. It is hard to say goodbye, but also when we know the loved one that has gone on knows the Lord then it's only a temporary goodbye!

bless you dear,

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the stress your poor body is going through. We are praying for Rachel and your family every day. We will continue and you hold fast to "Be anxious for nothing but by prayer and supplication make your requests known to God". Take a deep breath, my sister...we are making your requests known to our sweet Savior who loves you sooo much. May he grant you His sweet sweet peace.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that He will take you to that He will not walk you thru...It's His promise.

((Hugs)) to you today from Florida, my friend.

Alexis said...

Stunning photo, and a verse I've been living by lately. Thank you for updates, you are in my prayers regularly, and I will remember you tomorrow as well!

Schotzy said...

What a sweet tribute and I will remember all in prayer!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that God always with us specially in times we really need Him. TC and my first entry is ready.

Beth in NC said...

I am so disappointed to hear that Rachel is still hurting. God bless this precious child.

I pray God gives you strength to sing during the funeral. I don't think I could do it. I'm way too mushy and emotional.

I love your picture and verse!

Love,
Beth

Melanie said...

What a great verse.... how great is it that we can know there is always HOPE in the Lord!

I certainly will continue to pray. I'm so sorry about the earthly loss of your dear friend and that Rachel's headaches have been so bad recently. Praying for strength and comfort and peace and healing.

Love you!

bp said...

I'm so sorry the cold makes the heachaches worse.

I will be thinking of you at the funeral. Those are two wonderful songs, both special to me.

Unknown said...

Kristi,

Praying for Rachel and asking for complete healing in Jesus' name.

SOrry for the loss of your friend - praising God that one day we will all be reunited forever!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Laurie Ann said...

I'll definitely be covering this family and yours in prayer. Hoping Rachel's headache's abate soon. Bless her heart!

Beautiful Scripture and picture for today.

Mary Moss said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of a beloved family friend. I will keep your family in prayer as you rely upon God to bring healing to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

This is completely awesome!

Groovewoman said...

I am so sorry for your loss of a friends. This is an amazing verse, thank you for sharing.

Happy WFW!
Groovewoman

Joyfull said...

Continued prayers for Rachel and the family. I was also sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Prayers will be with you tomorrow. May God's Word continue to bring you comfort and strength.

lori said...

Continuing to pray for Rachel...I just feel so bad for her...and for you mom...not knowing and being able to "make it all better...."
Peace be with you tomorrow as you sing...what a tribute in song Legacy will be....
An angel will be watching from above!

peace,
lori

Peggy said...

Blessings Kristi...My heart aches for all you & Rachel are having to deal with...and ohhh, bother ...those old headaches need to decrease & cease in Jesus Name!
Your loss of Ms. Jackie is bittersweet, I know. My sympathy for this loss here but heaven's gain. Beautiful song selections!

I will add this prayer need for tomorrow at the LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER!

Your WFW verse and photo are so awesome! I can see God's glory in that Light of His Son/sun! His love is unfailing as one gazes on scenes such as this! I pray that your heart can rejoice & trust even in your sorrow and pain & struggles!

ellen b. said...

Praying God's continued hand on your family and Rachel in particular...

Tricia said...

A great post! God's love is definitely unfailing!

I will pray for Rachel and her headaches... and I am sorry for the loss of your friend...

Blessings!

Amydeanne said...

i think most have said what we're all feeling... I'm praying for God to reveal the purpose of Rachel's aches and I'm praying for your friend's family and for you . hugs. what a hard time for you. May God's rest settle on you!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm sorry for your loss Kristi, and so sorry about Rachel's headaches continuing... You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.
I've missed you all so much last few days.... -- still have company and haven't had much time on the computer.
Holykisses,
Lea

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

Stopping in to say we have had our morning devotionals and we were praying for Rachel and your family today. I love that even though we are apart...Jesus makes it possible for us to come together and unite in purpose. He is so good!

((hugs)) to you today

Tracy said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, Kristi. I didn't see this message until today (Thursday), so I'm trusting all went smoothly at her funeral. Continuing to pray for your sweet Rachel. The Lord is no doubt walking with you every step of the way through this time.

(Thank you for your prayers for my brother-in-law...)