Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Guess Whooo's 13? Invitations

My baby turned 13 last week, as many of you already know, and her party is this weekend. She is really into the retro/owl kind of things so no ordinary, run of the mill invitations would do.

I've been teaching my high school students Photo shop CS4, so I grabbed my favorite software and started working. This is what I came up with:




I think this owl is so cute...and so very Hannah! She helped me pick the colors. After designing the little owl, I printed out several to make cupcake picks. I'll try to post pictures of the finished cupcakes this weekend.

And a party would not be complete without thank you notes. Please, tell me that you have your children write thank you notes....I'm not the only one...am I?

I believe thank you notes are a lost art but one well worth keeping around. We are not perfect...far from it...and I'm sure we have missed writing a thank you note or three without realizing it, but a thankful heart is something we should purposefully try to instill in our children and thank you notes are a great place to start.

I'm looking forward to the party. I still have so much to do...plan a scavenger hunt, come up with a menu, plan some games, and do laundry! I better run. Have a blessed day!


I am so pleased to list this post at



4 comments:

Erica said...

ADORABLE!!
And, yes, my girls write thank you notes...I even have Brooke "write" her own name. It is very important!

HB, The Impulsive Minimalist said...

These are SO cute! We'd love to have you link up at our new linky party! Please stop by at www.luckystarlane.com - thanks!

-Heather

Mrs. S. said...

I love these! I am having an Owl party for my son's first birthday. I have had photoshop on my wishlist for a while. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

So Sunny Day said...

I LOVE THE OWL!!!! what an awesome idea. and thank you notes should be for kids of all ages. I recently gave some to people who I think had never received one - they were shocked and so grateful. a few weeks later, I received one from them!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"