Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to the Store I Go!

I have one more week of freedom!  One more week!  Oh my merciful heaven, I have one more week of freedom and my summer to do list still has 14 things left on it!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Where did the summer go?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE teaching my high school students, LOVE it....most days! I will be ready to see them, it's just the thought of routine that I'm not feeling all gushy about right now.  And while it took me the better part of 3 weeks to get into the easy move and groove of summer, I have fully embraced it.  Fully!  And the thought of having a massive To do list, post it notes posted daily, schedules to remember, responsibilities, workout schedules (I really should be talking about me, but I'm talking about Hannah's workout schedule for basketball and cross country), band schedules, and I could go on and on...it kind of fills me with a little panic!  Because my summer to do list is not finished! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And since my family has one piece of crusty bread, and a few tomatoes to feast on for breakfast, I think I'll start with going to the HEB to retrieve some groceries for the week.  But, first I have to plan out my meals.  So, I better get started...but I really don't want to....'cause I've fully embraced the summer where the living is easy!

But, before I go, I have a little question for you.  A few years ago I did the 30 day gourmet where you cook your meals ahead of time for the entire month and then freeze them and use throughout your month.  It was a lot of work but it saved us money and I got into the monthly groove until Mr. Incredible started getting sick of some of the meals.  So, goodbye 30 day gourmet!  I then moved on to Organizer Junkie's meal plan Monday meme where we all post our menus for the week and then try to actually stick to our menu.  It really made me stay on track with our budget and schedules and I still like that.  But I'm looking for a change.  Can anyone relate?

I have been looking into E Mealz.  This website plans your weekly meals based on where you shop and if you are on WW points or regular meals and it is all planned out for you even your grocery list and they advertise that you will only spend $70-$80 on dinner for the week which sounds pretty good.  We have eaten out the last 3 evenings and spent more than that! With my current list filled to overflowing with grocery items, having this little service kind of sounds like a good thing and for only $5 a month. 

What do you think about E Mealz?  Have you tried it?  Or do you know something better?  I know, I know, I need to get back into my routine and be more disciplines and school starting will do wonders for that, but I just thought I would ask how you plan your meals? Don't lecture me, just love me.  I'm asking for you help and  I would love to know what you do!

I better run.  I'll be the girls with 4 carts at the grocery store and with a big cup of Starbucks in one hand because this Momma has been out of coffee for the past 3 days, oh the horror!!!  Y'all have a blessed day...don't forget to tell me how you handle meal planning, please!!!!

 

5 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh if the question would have been something about making Christmas crafts in July I would have been your girl, but I too have lacked in the meal planning area. I make meals every night but haven't really planned much. I plan while I shop. LOL! Like if Salmon is on sale I buy that and that's one meal. LOL! Though I did stumble across this website that I haven't been able to peruse more closely and I think it's free, so maybe you could do the dirty work and find out if it's worth checking out further. LOL!
http://monthlymenuplanner.com/about.php
See not much help huh?
But let me know what you find out!
HUGS
Kim

Unknown said...

I agree about meal planning & how it saves money on the grocery budget. That's why I have an issue with paying someone else to do it for me!! So every Thursday I sit down & work out next week's menu as I grocer shop on Friday or Saturday. I use foodnetwork (I save recipes in my recipe box on their site), I love recipes from Real Simple Magazine & I pull out the trusty church cookbooks too. I make my menu from these recipes & then my grocery list. Sometimes just basic meals, hamburgs - hot dogs - grilled pizzas - & such are no brainers & require no recipe. Have fun with it & if the "natives" complain about the menu, make them do the next one.....along with the cooking! HA!

Erica said...

Girl, I go through phases with that as well. We have been without a kitchen for 3 months, so I know getting back into a routine is going to present some challenges.
I try to buy 5 lbs. of hamburger at a time and fry it up. Then I put it into 1 lb. bags and freeze it, so it is always ready for spaghetti, tacos, soup, etc. You can also do that with chicken. Just a little tip, but maybe it will help.

Erica said...

P.S. I loved seeing your weekly meal-planning menus!

Karen M said...

I have tried various ways of menu planning through the years. I agree that we eat better and save money when I plan meals and follow the plan. I've never used any website before but it might be worth a try. I do like cooking several things and freezing them for use over the time ahead. I've never done a full 30 days at a time, but more like 8 or 10 meals.

Good luck with your to do list this week!

I just finished summer school and have 3 weeks until Fall starts, so I made my huge to do list between semesters. But this is on top of work. You've been there.....you know!