Have you visited Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen? It is a great resource. I found another quick and easy crock pot recipe there last week that I wanted to share with you.
Here is the link the Stacyahl's Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas.
And the recipe: (but let me just add that yes, you cook it in the crock pot all day but you still have to put it in the oven for 45 minutes before serving. I nearly missed the last part!!!!)
Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time 30 MinutesCook Time 7 HoursDifficulty EasyServings
•½ cups Chicken Stock/ Broth
•4 whole Chicken Breast Halves
•1 whole Sweet Onion, Sliced
•2 whole Red Bell Peppers, Chopped (My family doesn't care for these, so I didn't use them)
•4 cloves Garlic, Pressed (I used the ones already in the jar and ready to go)
•¼ cups Favorite Salsa (Pace...we're from Texas. duh!)
•16 ounces, weight Monterey Jack Cheese, Freshly Grated (I used a monteray jack/cheddar mix)
•1 whole Avocado (don't leave this out...yummy!)
•15 ounces, weight Enchilada Sauce, More Or Less Depending On Your Taste (I used the whole can)
•6 whole Flour Tortillas (we used wheat but I'm thinking next time we will use the white instead)
1. Put enough chicken stock on the bottom of a large crock pot to cover the bottom. Put 4 chicken breasts on top of the stock. Sprinkle with garlic salt. (I used frozen chicken breasts)
2. Cut onion in half and then into rings; sprinkle on top of chicken. Chop pepper and put on top of onion. Press or chop garlic cloves and add them. Put salsa and 1 can of enchilada sauce on top and cook on high for 6 hours. (Mine cooked a little longer and it was still fine)
3. At this point, use two forks to shred the chicken in the crock pot; it will basically fall apart.
4. Grate cheese and slice avocado.
5. Put a little enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. I used one slightly smaller than 9×13 inch size. You want however many tortillas you need to fit in your dish snugly.
6. Put avocado into the middle of a tortilla, top with chicken mixture and cheese. Roll and put seam-side down in the pan.
7. After tortillas have been placed in the baking dish, top with remaing chicken mixture, enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
8. Serve with black refried beans and Spanish rice. (we just had a tossed salad with ours)