Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

A Photo Shoot in the Beautiful Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens

On our trip back to Ft. Worth for Rachel's MRI and follow up with Dr. Roberts, I remembered the beautiful Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens and knew that it would be the perfect place to take some senior pictures. Thankfully, the girls were excited too!

After the great news from Rachel's appointment, we drove a few miles to the Garden. It was a beautifully overcast day. The sun was still tucked behind the enourmous clouds, and the temperature was very comfortable. We started taking photos among other professional photographers who were taking bridal portraits....just like I had mine taken 20 years ago. It was fun to be among them and to see what kind of equipment they brought along on photo shoots and how they handled their clients. I smiled at the girls and told them that we would somehow just try to act like professionals too. Game on!

One guy had a huge artificial light box that he brought along and an enormous lens. I had my girls, my big girl camera, a few extra lenses in my bag, my girlie new camera strap, and my brand new, very small, 35mm lens on my camera. But, I wasn't intimidated. The girls and I giggled and laughed and tried different poses; it was an absolute blast!

After a few beautiful poses next to a small waterfall, Rachel explained that the "professional guy" was watching what we were doing and after we left that spot, he had his client do the exact same thing! And that made me smile~delight! Oh, but if he only knew! Ha!

We finished in less than an hour and just as the scorching sun started peaking through the clouds, we retreated to the air conditioned, rattlesnake-killing-suburban. The girls decided that they were hungry so we headed for La Madeline to eat brunch and then to the Parks at Arlington to do some shopping. It was a fun day with my girls!

Do you want to see some of the photos? Naturally, I took over 200 photos! But, don't worry, here are a select few of the photos of my girls:

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the pictures! Looks like you all had a great time.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

You are SO stinkin' talented!

So tell me, what program do you use...to make the photo frames??

Beautiful.

Hope your Thursday is BLESSED beyond measure!

bp said...

Did you say SENIOR pictures!!!

These are great and it looks like a fun outing after the appointment.

BARBIE said...

OMG, girl, you have some serious talent. These are amazing photographs and your girls, well they are absolutely beautiful!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Absolutely beautiful!

If I wanted to get into taking nicer photos (and I do now that my nest is emptying), where would I start? What kind of camera would you recommend for a rookie? & (if you don't mind me asking!) How do your get your name on your photos?

Teachers are used to alot of questions, right? ;)

Your girls are beautiful! Love the hair!!!!