Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Sure Enough- It Happened

A few weeks ago I mentioned to Hannah that I thought it might be a good idea to get some braces to help protect her ankles during basketball season. I had flashbacks of twisting my ankles during my years playing basketball and volleyball and didn't want her to have the same issues.

She shrugged the suggestion off because she hasn't had any problems with her ankles...until last Thursday afternoon.  Oiy!  Hannah was guarding a varsity player; when she went to block her shot, she came down funny on her foot and heard a big "pop" sound.  She couldn't get up on her own.  By the time Hannah was icing her ankle, I had already been told about her accident....I'm thankful to be at the high school and that news travels fast.

The coaches wisely had Hannah's foot in a boot within 30 minutes of the fall.  We saw the team trainer Friday evening and he informed us that Hannah's sprain was one of the worst sprains you can have as far as ankle sprains go. She has a syndesmotic sprain, meaning she has a high ankle sprain.  She will be out for at least a week, possibly much longer.  We see the trainer Monday afternoon again and I am hoping that he encourages us to have an x-ray. 




True to Hannah's nature, she didn't want to let her sprain keep her from playing with the band at Friday night's football game.  The trainer wasn't really for her doing that but allowed her to play with the band until after the half time show was over and then it was home to elevate, rest, and ice her ankle.

After we iced her foot in a bucket of ice and ice water, so painful when you have a sprain, I found the fuzziest sock I could find hoping it would be more comfortable.  You can see her fuzzy blue sock in the above band picture I took Friday night.

We were home all weekend letting her rest it as much as possible; it was always elevated and we kept up with prescription strength Aleve and the ice bucket.  We are praying she heals very quickly.  Basketball season is right around the corner.

5 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I bet she is completely bummed about this. Poor Hannah! I pray it heals quickly as well.
But she still looks adorable in her band uniform!
HUGS
Kim

BARBIE said...

I am sorry to hear about Hannah's foot. Praying for quick healing!

BARBIE said...

I am sorry to hear about Hannah's foot. Praying for quick healing!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...poor...poor...Hannah! I'll be praying that she's good as new soon.

Ankle sprains are NO fun. Andrew has had them...and he had to get special ankle braces to wear ALL the time when he's practicing and playing.

Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Anonymous said...

I hope Hannah recovers quickly!! That's definitely no fun, but she seems determined!