Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Rejoicing and a prayer request

Oh thanks be to God for all that He has done!!!
Thank you for your
continued prayers for Rachel.
She was able to skip Icu completely and
is resting in her room. Praise the Lord!

The neurosurgeon
told us to expect a rough day tomorrow as she
will be in a lot of pain. Please join us as
we ask the Lord to minimize her pain.

We are continually
rejoicing in the Work that God has already
done and is continuing to do. Thank you
for joining us on this journey of faith.

16 comments:

Lana said...

What a wonderful feat! I'm still praying for all the family!

You guys are so loved by a Heavenly Father who adores each and every one of you!

Blessings to you,
lana @ ilovemy5kids

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Your family has been in my prayers and thoughts all day !!! I am so glad to hear she has come through so well..and will surely pray for God to minimize her pain. You are an amazing family. You said in one of your posts ..that Rachel asked that she wished you all would learn what you have to so all things happening to your family would pass..(my paraphrase) Sometimes it's not about what you as a family have to learn ..Sometimes he takes very strong people and uses them to touch the world. You are touching many lives through this. You are all an inspiration and living testimony in serving God ! May he bless you all more than you could concieve for your faithfullness !

Blessings ..Sara

Andrea said...

Rejoicing with you for what HE has already done and continuing to pray.
Andrea

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Thank you for the update Kristi, I was waiting for it all day!!! I've been praying and will continue to do so. God is good my friend.
Hugs
Kim

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Praise the Lord! I'll be praying over here!! What fabulous news! Blessings! Sharon

Barbie said...

Praying with you! God is able to remove all pain. Claiming that in the Name of Jesus!

Melissa @ Southern Mommas said...

So glad to hear the good news! Chill bumps reading the updates.Continue to pray for all of you:) Blessings

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Yeah Kristi! I have been thinking of Rachel all day today and praying for you all. I rejoice with you in the good news and I will continue to pray for Rachel tomorrow.
Blessings,
Traci

Melanie said...

Rejoicing with you and praying for tomorrow.

Erica said...

What an awesome praise! We will continue to pray for her and the rest of your family! By the way...your blog looks fantastic!

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

So glad to hear that surgery went well!!! She was in my prayers, as I was praying for my brother in law as well. His surgery was also today. His went well, and they've already seen improvements in his blood pressure! Praise the Lord! I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.

Karen M said...

Praising and continuing to pray!!!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Yeah....glad to hear from you!

I'll be especially praying for tomorrow.....that the pain will be gone.

Thanks so much for the update.

Still on my knees. :-)

Grisel said...

Good news! Praise Him! I had a post it on my pc screen to remind me to pray for Rachel and others today and my 5 yo asked me what was that on my pc?, so we prayed for Rachel and your family under my covers this morning! What good news I will share w/ my daughter! Will continue to pray...thanks for the updates!

Tracy said...

Rejoicing in that great report and continuing to pray! Thanks for letting us know...

Richella Parham said...

Oh, Kristi, I am so glad to hear this good news!

ICU following surgery is a wonderful place, but it is a scary place for parents. That Rachel did not need to be there is such good news.

Yes, there will be pain; we will pray that the pain be minimized and that the pain medications work well. Be sure to ask for help early and often. Unless she has a PCA pump, the nurses will only be able to administer pain meds if you ask for them. One thing we learned--stay ahead of the curve on the pain. Don't wait until it becomes bad; ask for help early.

It is hard to see your baby in pain, I know. I will pray for you. Take good care of yourself even as you care for her. Here's a hug for you: {{{}}} I wish I could be there to deliver it in person.

God bless you all.

Richella