Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

My Big 4-0 Blessing!

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

Yesterday was my BIG birthday....the big 40...I can't believe it. My family and my colleagues surprised me big time!! The day was filled with absolute joy and laughter....which was just what I needed considering what would be taking place in exactly one week. God's timing is always amazing to me. He has it all absolutely timed perfectly.

Would you like to see what my parents and my co-workers did? Mom and Dad decorated both of my classroom doors:





Rachel helped my mom Photoshop some bows to add to my pictures. I have always loved bows. I played basketball and volleyball at Martin High School and I always had a bow. I was a Baylor bow-head too:



Here are more glimpses from my fabulously decorated classroom:






















My sports car from high school~it was a Pontiac Fiero and I thought I was the bomb in that car. It was the coolest car...thanks Mom and Dad!
I laughed a little when one of my students asked me about the car. I think she quipped that she had never seen one of those and do they still make them-oiy!


My principal picked out this beautiful cake complete with Baylor green frosting:




This is what I saw on the front doors of the high school when I came to school yesterday morning:

Oh my goodness!

My pictures were everywhere...on bathroom doors, the refrigerator, every hall way. I didn't realize how many hairstyles and colors I have had until I saw them all on the walls. One of my students asked me what my real hair color was and I just had to laugh.
My basketball picture was plastered on the gym window....complete with my short-shorts that we had to wear (way back in the 80's). One of the teachers put a post-it-note on the picture saying that my shorts were a dress code violation. Ha!


And my birthday tiara, I felt so special:


It was a fun, joy-filled day to remember! I believe that I am blessed with the most wonderful family and co-workers ever. Thank you for making my 40th birthday so special....it was just what my heart needed one week before Rachel's surgery.

6 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Happy Birthday sweet thang!
I loved all the pics of you. YOUR FAMILY is awesome to do that!!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day and want you to know how special you are to me. I'm glad you were born!!!
Happy day!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday! Wow - you could be my Mom - I'm 20, you know! HA!!!

I'm so kidding...

You are a beautiful inside and out!

Blessings to you!!!

Lana @ ilovemy5kids

(No, I did NOT start having kids when I was 10!) ;) lol

Tracy said...

Awwwww! What a heart warmer! So glad to see you celebrated in such a huge way. (Loving those big hair pics!) God DOES know exactly what we need, doesn't He? = )

Happy Belated Birthday, sweet lady!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristi!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. God is good and He knows exactly what we need =) We are still praying for Rachel!

bp said...

It looks like a wonderful day! I like how everyone worked together to surprise you.

sister sheri said...

Wow! You are loved! Happy Birthday!