Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Overwhelmed with Gratitude


I really should be packing....but I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. My heart is simply overwhelmed with gratitude and I just had to share it with all of you.


In my mind, I knew that this week before surgery would be a tough week. I was prayed up and ready, or so I thought...and then the Lord blessed and blessed. I was afraid my week would be flooded with anxiety instead if was filled to overflowing with blessing.


It was a week to remember the goodness of the Lord and the absolute blessing of friends and family. I've already posted about my birthday blessings. Mr. Incredible and I are 3 days apart. I am the older woman! Ha. (But I think he looks older....there I feel better! Of course just a little older!)


Hannah had her One Act play competition, and basketball games, and normal everyday activities where the Lord just simply kept me busy. It felt good to get lost in the normalcy of everyday moments.


On Friday, my Principal called for a mandatory staff meeting right before lunch. I made my way to the meeting only to see my daughter joining us. Much to my surprise my precious co-workers had put together an enormous basket filled to the brim with wonderful things that we might need for our hospital stay. It was overflowing....both in things....and in love....and I cried.


They gathered around in a circle as my Principal led all of us in a prayer of blessing for Rachel, the surgeon, and our family. I was overwhelmed. What a blessing they are to my life.

When all of Rachel's symptoms began and then worsened I just didn't realize why now, after my graduation and my first official year here, but the Lord has revealed to me over and over again just how blessed I am to work where I work. I'm trying to keep myself together and my emotions in check before we go to church this morning, so I better stop here or I am afraid that I will be a puddle on the floor.

What a blessing to be able to work with such amazing, amazing people!



Another sweet basket from Mr. Incredible's bosses with fluffy robes inside:


A gift from Rachel's Spanish class....complete with a Spanish dictionary :-)




A few bracelets that Rachel was blessed with.
The pink bracelet says, "I'm Praying for Rachel." The Lord reminded me of the blue cord bracelet that I wore when I did Beth Moore's Believing God study. The bracelets were a wonderful reminder to pray. With the Lord's leading, I found a place in Houston, TX, that made the bracelets for us. We were in awe that 300 bracelets were given out.
The stories of the bracelets have been incredible. From precious, little toddlers, asking God to "make Rachel all better," to precious ones who have taken their bracelets off to give to others and then asking for another one. We are overwhelmed!

A sweet word of encouragement:


A fluffy, teddy bear:


Sweet Bath and Body Works lotions in her favorite scent:


Another little cuddler:


Enormous cupcakes~look at the frosting!

And a custom made pillow case covered in Bible verses and precious promises from God's Word.
Incredible!


I have much more to say, but I better close for now. I can't wear my fluffy, pink robe to church. Ha!
One last blessing, Rachel will have the wonderful blessing of meeting her absolute favorite band tonight. She adores Skillet. So tonight, 2 days before her surgery, the Lord orchestrated perfectly the opportunity for Rachel and her family to meet Skillet and then they get to rock our faces off. We can hardly wait!
I'll try to post more tomorrow. I have a few specific prayer requests. Thank you for choosing to go on this journey of faith with us. We are so blessed by you!

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

God is so good my friend. He is just revealing Himself in so many ways. I will be praying for Rachel!
Hugs
KIm

Karen M said...

God is so good. He surrounds us with Himself in the toughest most difficult situations. He often uses those people close to us as His hands and feet. I will be praying for you all this week. Please pray for us as well. My hubby is having a 3rd Angiogram to check for problems with the stents placed a couple of weeks ago in the morning. Hospital surgery waiting rooms are tough places to be. But God is there each and every time.

Cathy said...

All of those blessing sound wonderful, Dear. Praying for Rachel and all of you ~

bp said...

I'm so thankful God is showering His love over you all at this time. You are in my prayers this week. Love those pink bracelets, that's a great idea.

Melanie said...

Hi, Kristi. I thought of you all throughout the weekend. How thankful I am for all the blessings the Lord has given you in the past days as the surgery date draws near. I will continue to pray and I know the Lord will be faithful to answer each and every one of our prayers for Rachel, her dear family, and the surgeons.

Erica said...

What a blessing! We will be praying for you all tonight and tomorrow. We are expecting to hear about more of God's goodness poured out on your precious family!