Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Where's the Tootsie Roll?

Oh, this has been a full week. How about yours?
My girls and I are snuggled in my bed watching Madagascar II and
sharing the most Delicious valentine cupcakes ever.

It's a girl party for sure.
We had dinner at Chilis, picked up a little caffeine from Starbucks and
now we are chillin' out in our PJ's.

Mr. Incredible and his father are on their way to Houston to visit a dear friend at MD Anderson.
So, the girls and I are taking every advantage of our mother-daughter time together.

Just me and my little valentines~delight!

I couldn't wait to share this story from the classroom today.
Since tomorrow is Valentine's day, I bought blow pops to give to my students. Who doesn't like blow pops?!
Well, one of the advanced students just cracked me up! He had trouble unwrapping the blow pop (those wrappers can be tough)but finally got to enjoy it.

A few minutes later he stood up, turned to look at me and said (I kid you not!), "Mrs.____ , this isn't a tootsie roll in the middle is it? I've been chewing on it and trying to swallow it for the last 5 minutes." I wanted to roll on the floor with laughter. Poor guy! Nope, it's gum in the middle, hence the name "Blow pop!"

On another note, Hannah tried out for junior high cheerleader today. She did a WONDERFUL job. I thought she looked like the real deal. Apparently some stinkin' judges don't agree! But that's okay. I am sure proud of her for trying out.

On my way to her tryout, I spilled my coffee on my crisp, white t-shirt. It was a lovely sight. On my way back to the high school, I stopped by the grocery store and picked up a tide to go stick. I've always wanted to try these little wonders; today was the perfect day.

Well, what the commercials don't tell you is that tide 2 go leaves wet stains. Sure, it takes the stains out but I went from looking like I had coffee on my shirt to a wet t-shirt contest contestant. Great! That's just what my high school students need to see.

Thankfully, I was wearing a jacket. Fun times in the classroom!

Dear Tide to Go,
You need a disclaimer that states, "Please use sparingly! Otherwise you need to change your name to Tide to Go to the wet t-shirt contest! OIY!
Sincerely,
Kristi
AKA Contestant #1

I better get back to the movie with my girls! We get to watch Hannah tear it up on the basketball court in the morning. I can hardly wait. Have a wonderful weekend!
Joyfully,
Kristi

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having a special evening with your girls! LOL on blow pop. Sorry about your shirt and that Tide didn't work. Good to know! Why is it that we always spill when we are wearing white?

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

LOL at arguing with the lollipop wrapper and the "wet tshirt contest" Sounds like one of *those* days.

Angela said...

What a delightful post. I cracked up about the Tide story,,LOL..

Happy Valentine's to you and yours dear one.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh my friend that sounds like some fun moments. I love Mother/daughter times. I'm sorry Hannah didn't make the team. I remember trying out in 7th grade. I didn't make it either but the experience was worth it.
Big Valentine's Day hugs to you.

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

This post had me cozy/warm one minute with you gals....rolling my eyes at the apparently daft judges (Oiy Vay)...and then cracking up at the thought of you in writing your Dear Tide letter!!

I have a funny tootsie pop story...are you ready for this? Remember the commercial how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop...the world may never know?....ok, I was that crazy girl who thought of course the world could know..I could figure that out! I licked my way there and sent the company a note and told them how many licks it took ... thought I was gonna strike it rich and be put on TV ... OH NO ... they sent me 'the clean stick' award! lol

By the way ... it takes 1,787 licks and you end up with a very raw tongue! Not worth it ... bit the candy! Are you dying laughing at me yet?

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Lovin ya!

Lana said...

Too funny!

Just a FYI: the tide sticks become very stinky after 2 years in the car under the seat in the HOT TX weather.

Sorry to Hannah for not making cheerleader...sounds like she is going to be a great BB star though. Although, who needs a uniform to be a cheerleader, she sounds like she has been a fab one to you and her sis. :)

CntryMomma said...

Movies in bed with the girls are the best!!

So sorry she didn't make the squad. :o(

Your girls are just BEAUTIFUL!

LORI