2 Corinthians 12:9
That was my devotion verse for today...and you know what? I needed this verse today!
We have direct access to His grace and it is sufficient. His grace is enough even on days or weeks when we need more grace...His grace is sufficient.
On a week where:
1. Rachel was in the hospital...His grace was sufficient!
2. When we were scared to drive her home from the hospital....His grace was sufficient!
3. When I over medicated my youngest child because I gave her Allegra twice in a matter of 6 hours (oh my heavens this could have been awful!!!)...His grace was sufficient. (She lived through it and we are thankful...and we didn't have to go to the emergency room-hallelujah!)
What's bad is I didn't even know what had happened until the next day! Hannah had forgotten to take her medicine while we were away so she took it in the late afternoon. When we got home from Ft. Worth, Hannah started having an allergy attack and I told her to take her medicine because I thought it had been 12 hours....wrong...only 6....oh my goodness!
4. Rachel's headaches are still hanging around and she is heartbroken about it...His grace is sufficient!
5. I have 67 times 5 papers to grade before Friday...His grace is sufficient!
6. I can't sleep well at night because I am agonizing over Rachel's progress...His grace is sufficient!
7. Hannah forgot that I wasn't at school Tuesday and she caught the bus to the high school and then I couldn't find her for 30 minutes which threw me into a complete panic....like we need any more drama...His grace is sufficient!
Yes, His grace is sufficient and His power is perfected in weakness. I'm so glad that I don't have to try to do it all in my own power and strength. How about you? How have you found His grace to be sufficient this week?