My baby turns 12 today. My baby!
My Dear Hannah,
Oh, how I delight in being your momma. It seems like yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time and heard your first cry. True to your wonderful self, you came in only 3 1/2 hours. I'll never forget the moment that the doctor placed you in my arms. You were crying until I said, "Hi sweet Hannah. I'm your momma and I have been waiting for you my whole life." Instantly you stopped crying and just gazed into my eyes. I have tears in my eyes now at the memory of that moment.
There are so many more moments that I treasure in my heart. You are a blessing for sure from God above. I could write a novel about the things that I love about you. But, on this your twelfth birthday, I thought I would try, it's not easy, to narrow my list down to 12 things that I love about you. Please, know there are millions more reasons why I love you.
1. You have a smile that lights up every room.
2. Your laughter is absolutely, positively contagious.
3. You have a generous heart for everyone and every animal on the planet.
4. You love the Lord with all of your heart.
5. You are a mighty prayer warrior...beyond your years.
6. You are fiercely protective of your big sister. I just love your relationship.
7. You have the wonderful ability to handle conflicts with your friends (which is so difficult at your age). You handle the conflict and then 5 minutes later everything is back to normal. (I want to know your secret!)
8. You are sooooooo creative. I love to see your wonderful creations. Remember the duct tape purse and hat?
9. You are a wonderful student (straight A's). You have taken on the responsibility of making sure your homework is finished even when I am at my night classes.
10. You are never boring. Even waiting in the doctor's office can be fun with you!
11. You have a beautiful voice. I love to hear your singing in the shower, at church, and even in the midst of all of the noise coming from your Ipod in your room.
12. Your hugs are the best. You don't care if it's cool or not...you still give us hugs even in front of your friends.
So, on this special day, I hope that you know how dearly loved you are by your Heavenly Father and by your family. I'm so thankful that God chose me to be your mother. I wouldn't have missed this for the world. You are a true gift from the Lord. Your name means "God's Grace" and that is just what you are to us. Happy Birthday precious Hannah! May God bless you with many, many more!