Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Our Cibolo Creek Getaway

My man surprised me this past July with a romantic getaway to beautiful Cibolo Creek Ranch to celebrate our 21st anniversary.  It was a little piece of Heaven on earth.  We were surprised to find that we were the only guests on this gorgeous ranch...except for a little star....you might have heard his name before...Johnny Depp.  No kidding! He was on the ranch but we didn't see him...sorry Rachel!

From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome.  It was easy to put our cell phones away and leave the stresses of this world behind. 


The ranch has suffered from drought just as most of Texas has and there were evidences of fires in places, but the ranch was simply beautiful.   Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. 
 I loved the light in this staircase.  The middle picture was of our room and the cake on the right was a sweet surprise from the amazing staff in celebration of our anniversary.
 Gorgeous photo opportunities it seems are around every corner.  I can just see a beautiful bride posed on the green bench, can't you?  Every meal was carefully prepared and fresh flowers were always on our table. 
 Every meal was delicious, but my favorite meal had to be breakfast.  The fresh fruit was incredible but their homemade granola was AMAZING!  I would love to have that recipe! The granola had just the perfect hint of cinnamon~which I absoluely love.
 My man arranged for a guided tour of the ranch with the best guide around named Sugar.  Sugar was quite a character, as was Mike our dining host.  To my delight, we came upon a family of wild buffaloes!  I think I have 50 pictures at least of these beautiful buffaloes.  And about 200 more of the beautiful ranch. 
 My man thought he heard elk calling in the wild.  We got closer and closer to the bugle sounds, headed over a hill in hopes of seeing a massive elk only to discover it was a loud goose.  My nature-man nearly fell over. And I did in laughter!
 The above vehicle was what we toured the ranch in. 

We loved the swimming pool and we had it all to ourselves...the entire ranch all to ourselves for that matter. What an incredible getaway.  We can hardly wait to go back!  If you are ever in far west Texas, you need to plan a stay.  You are less than 20 miles from Mexico, there is no cell service, and you will be pampered from head to toe if you wish or left alone to do your own exploring.  What a beautiful getaway filled with memories to cherish.

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow! What beautiful country. And I'm sorry, if I would have known that Johnny Depp was anywhere in the same building as me, I would have had to hunt him down and have him talk like a Pirate. Ha!Ha!
Kudos to your honey for such a wonderful surprise.
HUGS
Kim

12-arrows said...

breathtaking! a pause in your life to celebrate the two of you! May God continue to bless your marriage, growing it so that one day you look back on your wedding day and realize its the day you loved each other the least.