Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Heavy Hearts

There seems to be a lot of heavy hearts these days.  I'm thankful that He somehow is All-Sufficient!

There is a lot of bad news and turmoil.  I'm thankful that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

There is so much sickness.  I'm thankful that He is the Great Physician and nothing is too difficult for Him!

There is so much uncertainty~even in the teaching profession that I adore.  I'm thankful that He is our One, sure foundation!

There is so much sadness.  I'm thankful that He sees each tear that falls and He knows our sorrow.  (Psalm 56:8).

It's been a terribly tragic weekend for so many in our community.  Our young neighbor and her unborn baby went to be with Jesus Saturday afternoon.    She and her husband along with his dad and step-mother were in an awful boating accident.  Somehow, the men managed to survive, but our neighbor's young bride and step-mother did not.  And we all weep for the families but especially for our neighbor and their precious young son.

It's impossible to find the words to express to them our sadness and our sorrow...so we continue to pray and offer meals and whatever else they might need.  And somehow in the midst of great sadness, we all are struck with the reality that our very next breath is not guaranteed, so why do we act like it is?  We all take life for granted, don't we? 

I think we are all hugging our loved ones even tighter and telling them more often that we love them and deeply longing for Jesus to return.  Because we know that when He returns and His children are all Home...there will be no more sadness...no more sickness...no more pain....no more suffering....and our hearts cry, "Come!  Lord, Jesus, come!" What a blessed day that will be!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."  Psalm 62:8

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh my friend. This is so horrible. Praying for peace and comfort that only He can give at a time like this. My heart goes out to that family.
Hugging you!
Kim

BARBIE said...

Oh Kristi, I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. I will be praying for the family. My heart just breaks when I hear of things like this.

bp said...

How sad and heart breaking to read this. I'll say a prayer for the family as well as for your family as you offer encouragement and comfort to those hurting.

Hugs to you.

Lana said...

Been praying since I read this yesterday.

My heart was so heavy. Thankful for a God who gives peace that passes ALL understanding.

Blessings,
lana