Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

If My People....

...who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14.

I am an educator in the state of Texas.  I love teaching; it's a ministry I am blessed to be a part of.  But, this heart of mine is a bit concerned about having a job next year.  Have you seen the news?  Some of the headlines recently have been, "Texas Legislature Proposes Draconian Education Cuts," "Public Education in Texas Faces Massive Cuts." 

Talk to any teacher in the state of Texas and you will more than likely hear uncertainty in their voice.  The rumors of cutting teachers and increasing class sizes make even seasoned teachers shutter.  There is even talk of cutting pre-K programs and cutting funding for Colleges and Universities.  A friend of mine who has been blessed to teach for the past 27 years explained that she has never seen proposed cuts like these. 

I teach high school computer classes.  My classes are not even required by the state of Texas anymore.  Do they not realize technology is the wave of the future?  Yes, our local district requires a technology course, but the state of Texas does not.  Today, we all received an email stating that we are having a district wide meeting to discuss our local budget cuts this Thursday.  We are all on edge.  While I know that our administration will work tirelessly to help our faculty keep our positions, the news must be extremely disconcerting to them.  I don't envy their positions in the least.

In reality, none of us know what the future holds, whether you are an educator in the state of Texas or not, but one thing is for certain: we know who holds our future.  How does this world make it without God?!  I'll never understand.

So, even though my instinct is to worry and fret about the news and the possible budget cuts, the Holy Spirit reminds me that my Heavenly Father owns the cattle on a thousand hillsides and nothing is too difficult for Him.  I'm choosing to trust in the One who is so very trustworthy.  He is the Faithful One! 

Which reminds me of the verse that I typed at the beginning of my post.  "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14. And the Texas Education system certainly needs healing. Will you join me in praying?

3 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

We love that verse.
I can see how your human nature would want to worry but none of this takes God by surprise and I know you know this.
It's crazy what they are trying to all over the place. It's going to be an interesting year. Come Jesus Come!
Love you girlie!
Kim

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I too love the scripture you've shareed today!!!

I'll be praying for you sweet friend...and all your treacher friends as well.

I'm so thankful we serve a BIG God...who goes before you and prepares your path.

Praying Peace for you today, and in the days to come.

bp said...

Yes, I've heard of that too. My Mom said the teachers at her district were all on edge too after getting an email about offers for those who had a certain number years experience, etc.

God is in control, whatever happens. I know you know that too!