Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Can You Guess Where I Am?

It's a place you would least expect me to be...and I only go there every other year because it's a business trip for my husband..in this place.  Oh, this place.

In this place, I had several hours to go shopping by myself and since my girls have never been to this place (praise the Lord!), I took them on a little walking photo tour with me via my IPhone. 

Would you like to go along?

On my walking tour I saw this guy.  He was outside our hotel.
Down the street, I saw New York-New York with their ultra cool roller coaster and then the Excalibur "castle" hotel right next to ours: 
I did some shopping inside and saw the statue of Liberty decked out in jelly beans.  I wonder how long it took them to finish this piece? And then I saw the golden statue which always makes me think of Sodom and Gomorrah. Walking a little bit farther, I saw the Statue of Liberty (sadly not the real one).
Mr. Incredible met up with me a little later as I was hanging out with Ironman and the guy from Halo.  My students just might think I'm pretty cool when they see this.  Robert Downey Jr, are you in there?
And before dinner Sunday night, we saw a country music star at the Shops at the Forum. My friend Julie is a big fan. She ran after him like she was a girl in junior high...and I followed closely behind.  She was so star struck that she didn't know what to do.  His wife helped us out.  She asked Trace (Trace Adkins) to stop for a picture.  I didn't have my favorite camera with me (I didn't want to take it to Las Vegas) so I snapped their picture with my Iphone. The lighting is terrible in this picture and it is a bit pixelated and I think I just might have apoligized to Trace Adkins for taking his picture with my IPhone instead of a real camera, but I didn't make him stop to set my white balance or to get the perfect angle, so it is not great, but you can still tell that it is in fact the real Trace Adkins.  We met him! We really did!


He graciously stopped for a second and said hello and then he was on his way.  I sent Hannah the picture and she was excited.  She likes cowboys...and this one was tall with an ultra-cool rico-suave kind of voice.  She just might have swooned...just like Julie. 

I had to laugh when I discovered that Adrian, another girl in our group who joined us as a Trace Adkins groupie,  had thrown her new Coach purse at him.  I asked her what she was doing and she had no idea.  I guess it was a natural reaction.. I'm glad it wasn't her bra!  Haaaaa!!!
Only in Las Vegas.

On my flight back home, the flight attendants asked for 3 volunteers to give up their seats because we had reached our maximum weight limit.  Really???  How did they know?  And did I really want to be on this plane?

Finally, three people volunteered and left the plane...and then the flight attendant ushered 4 more people on to the plane and we took off.  Does that make sense to you?  Me neither!  While the plane was trying to take off, a rather inebriated cowboy hollered to all of us, "Suck it in people!  Hold your breath!  We might not have enough power on this plane to take us up into the air!"  And thirty minutes later he finally fell asleep and we all breathed a sigh of relief.  Rachel and my mom met me at the airport and I was so happy to see their beautiful, smiling faces!

I didn't make it home in time to watch my baby girl play basketball, but my dad was there and he kept me posted.  Isn't that sweet?  Yes, I am blessed with the best parents in the world!

Mr. Incredible and the rest of the group fly home today.  I wonder what kind of flight stories he will have for me when he lands.  Ha!  I better get back to class. Ya'll have a great day! It's so nice to be home!

2 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Ha...I guessed Vagas from the first few lines I read.

Sounds like you had a fun time!!!!

:-)

Leaon Mary said...

Girl, you lead one exciting life.
lol
Glad you had fun!