Our crock pot meal Monday was great. I was so proud of myself because I remembered to get my chicken out of the freezer so that it could thaw for Tuesday night's dinner of home made chicken nuggets and oven fries.
Imagine my surprise on Tuesday afternoon when I went to make my chicken nuggets and discovered I had taken pork chops out of the freezer instead of chicken. Oiy! What's a girl to do? I improvised and fixed my pork chops like I had planned to fix my nuggets except I didn't really cut them into nuggets. Pork nuggets just doesn't have the same ring to it! Mr. Incredible said they were awesome and I was thankful.
Then Wednesday rolled around. Mr. Incredible and I had our regular Wednesday lunch date at our favorite Thai restaurant. I remembered to ask for a to go cup for my ice tea so that I could have a shot of caffeine in my drama class. I still had an hour before class so I decided to have the suburban washed. I sipped my tea while driving through the car wash. I didn't know it then but I had accidentally poked a hole through my cup with my straw.
While I am waiting to get through the car wash, unbeknownst to me, my cup holders are filling up with tea. I should add my cell phone was in the other cup holder and it was going for a swim. I pulled out of the car wash in route to my class and WHOOSH! I got a shot of caffeine all right, all over my pants! The rest of my tea POURED all over me. I was soaked to my underwear and I was 30 minutes from home and my class started in 10 minutes.
What's a girl to do? I found a napkin in my car and used every inch of it to dry myself off. I rescued my cell phone by the way, but I was soaked. Clearly I am back in Kindergarten and need to travel with a second set of clothing! It gets better.
I squeaked to my class, tried to wring out my pants, and as calmly as I could sat in my chair. Wouldn't you know it, the professor calls on me to write my answers on the board in front of everyone! As I walk to the front I had to explain why my pants were wet. It wasn't an accident, really just a bit of pee, I mean tea! Oh, my goodness.
I needed a big Advil after that one. Good news, my underwear and pants were dry by the time class ended because I would hate to embarrass my girls by picking them up from school looking like that!
Thursday morning I had another moment. I'm telling ya'll, I think I need a new brain. My dad took a group from our church to Branson this week so my mom has been home alone and that makes a daughter worry a bit. They live next door, but I still worry when my dad is gone. Since we couldn't talk her into sleeping over at our house all week, she asked me to please make sure that she was up every morning so that she wouldn't sleep through her alarm and be late for work.
Thursday morning, I didn't see a light on in her bathroom window (that's our signal that she is up). I waited around a little bit and then called her at 5:30 to make sure that she was okay. This is what I heard, "Yes, dear I'm okay. Are you okay? I usually don't get up until 5:45!" She was very sweet but oiy! I knew this but for some reason I had it in my mind that she was suppose to be up at 5:00 that morning. Where has my mind gone?
It turned out to be such a sweet conversation. We talked until 5:45 and then it was time for her to get up. I was just trying to be a blessing. It would be a blessing if my mind would return.
Whew! Now on to Seven Random Things~ as if those weren't enough already!
Lea tagged me with listing 7 random things that you don't know about me. The rules are to share seven things, and then tag 7 others, and visit their blogs and leave a comment so they'll know they've been tagged. Okay, before I forget to do this ..... here goes:
1. I always dreamed of being Miss America. My childhood pastor use to call me Miss America and I thought that was so neat.
2. Lea talked about riding her propane horse named "silver" when she was little. My best friend, Marietta, had a propane horse that we had fun with when we weren't riding her real horses.
3. Marietta and I felt like rebels when we smoked the punks (sp?) that you light fire crackers with. We thought we were so cool! That is living on the edge for an 8 year old, people!
4. My husband told me that he loved me BEFORE he kissed me. This was only on our 3rd date. I had to see what kind of kisser he was first. :-) We were engaged in 3 months! Wow can he kiss!
5. Our engagement lasted a Year and a half. It felt like the longest engagement in history.
6. My Dad gave my husband a test before he allowed us to be engaged. It scared Mr. Incredible a bit but he only missed 3 so we waited a year and a half...it was an Aggie style test. My Dad has a copy that we plan to use with our daughters some day...a very LONG time from now!
7. Speaking of my girls, I had both of them naturally, no drugs, my hair was fixed, my make up done and I had my favorite earrings in. I had waited my whole life for them and I wanted our very first moment to be so special. It was incredible. I'll never forget it.
I think that was pretty random, don't you? Now I get to tag 7 people. I'm going to tag:
I can't wait to read your random posts if I remember to check back!