Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

The Next Drew Brees?

My nephews are both playing football.  Aaron has his first game coming up very soon; he plays flag football, so fun!  Andrew, as you know from last week is playing full-tackle, pee-wee football.  Last night he was the starting quarterback!  Yes, he was!  His fan club showed up in droves to cheer him on and he did a fabulous job.

One of the coaches calls him "Drew" which makes me think of Drew Brees, love his testimony!

Being the Aunt Kiki that I am, I have some photos to share.  But, surely you are not surprised by that.  The girls and I had so much fun on the sidelines.  I'm not sure the pee-wee coaches like having us on the sidelines as much as we like being there, but I'm okay with that.  (That's code for, they watch their words carefully...and that is a good thing!).  Andrew is #37 for the maroon team. 



He tackled anyone that got in his way:

 

Big or small, it didn't matter:


And then he got to be the quarterback:


Carefully watching out for his team mates:


Calling the plays...isn't he cute taking a knee to talk to his team:
Read? Set? Hike!


His linemen were doing their thing so that he could throw a pass:
Still searching for his receiver (Mr. Incredible are you proud of me?  I'm learning the positions of all of the players?)
Oh no!  The giant, Black jersey #58, is on the loose.  Watch out Andrew!!!!
He looks left....he looks right....where is his receiver? And here comes #58. 
Throw it, little nephew, throw it!!!
He throws the ball with all of his might before the giant takes him to the ground!  Ouch!
And then Aunt Kiki marches on the field to talk to #58 about playing nice and letting us throw the ball...and not hurting my nephew...and who is his mother?

Okay, not really.  But, I was thinking it in my head.  I'm thankful Andrew wasn't hurt.  He played and fought hard and we are so proud of him!

On a different note, this post is a little later than normal because I missed my alarm clock.  Ever done that?  Instead of being up at the crack of 5:30, I woke up quickly at 6:30.  I was having my devotion time about, "being anxious for nothing," very funny, and ready to hit the floor on my knees for my prayer time when I suddenly remembered, thank you Holy Spirit, that Hannah had to be at school at 7:00 for an early cross country run!  Oiy! 

I glanced at the clock...it was 6:45!  I tried not to startle sleeping beauty too much but I did anyway and in less than 15 minutes we were out the door.  Teeth brushed, hair sort of fixed, and a glazed look on her face.  Poor Hannah!  I hope that she was able to wake up on her run. 

She really likes for me to be her alarm clock, but I think I'll encourage her to set her alarm just in case from now on.  Oiy!


 

1 comment:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...I LOVE the football photo's!! How sweet.

And yes,I've over slept like that too. I had to chuckle...cause it's happened to me...more than once.

Hope you are having a great day!