Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Before Your Princess Grows Up

As I was editing the last of pictures from Monday night's photo shoot I couldn't help but go down memory lane a little bit.  You see, Miss Reagan started Kindergarten this year.  As I was taking her picture, her Mommy told me that it was hard having her baby girl start Kindergarten....and I was nearly a puddle on the floor.  Because, I've said it before, it seems like yesterday that the dreaded day arrived and I took my girls to their very first day of Kindergarten... and now here they are a Senior in high school and an 8th grader!  Be still my heart! 

If you are reading this and you have a tiny baby at home or even those adorable toddlers, you may be rolling your eyes at your computer screen telling me that your days are long and that time is not flying by.  But, please hear from my heart, you will one day see how quickly the days and months turn into years.  Treasure every moment!  Every one of them...even the late night feedings. 

In an effort to not go to work today with big, red, puffy eyes, I'm going to move on.  My lump in my throat is getting larger by the second and the tears are beginning to flow.  Being a momma is one of the best blessings, next to Jesus.  What an incredible gift from the Lord!

So, what is my point today?  Looking back over Monday's photo shoot, I encouraged Sonja to bring a favorite toy for her children to play with.  Here are a few of the pictures that I took of them playing:





They may not be the photograph that will grace the fireplace but they are special because they capture a moment of pure delight and imagination in the eyes of a child and that is special.

All too soon your little princess who loves to play dress up...




...will really dress up for the prom {sob!}


And that little girl who use to play barbies with the cool pink convertible or even the red toddler car...




...will drive a real car of her very own.



So, your assignment today is to go take pictures of your children playing...while they are still little!  Or hire a photographer to come over for a mini session to capture your children playing (no, this is not a personal plug, I'm being sincere).  I promise, you will treasure the pictures one day!

Now, please excuse me while I go find my box of Kleenex.


4 comments:

Karen M said...

Oh, Kristi, you are so right. I remember the long days when I longed for adult conversations while tending to 3 little boys. My baby is 22 now with life challenges of his own. My oldest will soon have a son of his own. Middle son is a newly wed. They REALLY do grow up quickly.

BARBIE said...

I am crying right along with you! My oldest, who is now 19, is courting a young man and I am sure I know where it is headed. I feel like it's just gone way too fast! Oh Lord help me!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I hear you my friend. But I must say I have the best of both worlds. My baby girl is now 17 and it really does feel like it's flown by, but I have the 2 boys 8 and 5 to make me appreciate the time I still have left with them all.
I'm going to do your assignment and be more specific with it because we do take pictures all the time but not necessarily while they are playing.
HUGS to you girlie.
Kim

Erica said...

I loved this post...did you see my shout out to you during our "Dewberry Farm" vist?
I love the pictures of the girls being girls! all out, 100%, no inhibitions!
Thank you for encouraging us to get those shots!