Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Prom Centerpieces

Our high school prom was this past weekend and it was soooooooooo much fun! I had the privilege of being the Junior Class Sponsor who planned the event with help from the Junior class Prom committee made up of incredible students (my Rachel and her friends).

Rachel was so beautiful!!!!! She simply took our breath away with her beauty and grace. I'll post more pictures of her tomorrow...but would you like a sneak peek?



Since it is Kimba's DIY day, I wanted to post pictures of the Prom centerpieces. It is not easy making 16 centerpieces and only spending $150. Here is what I came up with.

I headed to Dollar Tree where I found 16 metal "like" containers for $1 each.






Our prom colors were black, silver, and purple so I chose to spray paint the containers black. I added a piece of floral foam (again from Dollar tree~3 squares for a dollar)



I found these beautiful purple daisies at my favorite place, Hobby Lobby, on sale for 50% off. Woo Hoo!! Hannah helped me pull off all of the leaves and then Rachel and I gathered 2 bunches together and wired them near the top of the stems:




We pushed the stems down into the floral foam and then grabbed some fabulous silver/glittery ribbon to tie a bow. I was perplexed as to how to weight the centerpieces without spending a fortune. I thought about crystals and marbles, but they were too expensive. Rachel and I headed to Lowes where we bought a huge bag of river rocks for $3~perfect!






Here are the finished centerpieces:







They were fun to make and they looked great on the tables. Thank you, Lord!








I am so pleased to link this Post to DIY day & Blue Cricket Design

9 comments:

Tracy said...

How pretty! They turned out great, Kristi! Thanks for sharing that great idea. Your Rachel is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more photos. = )

BARBIE said...

WOW, Rachel looked stunning! Oh and those centerpieces, beautiful. I don't think I can make anything I find at the dollar store look so fabulous. I admire anyone who can turn normal stuff into pieces of art! Blessings!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Gorgeous picture of Rachel! Oh my! She's stunning!
And the centerpieces are wonderful.
Great job!
Hugs
Kim

bp said...

These are great Kristi! This just shows you don't have to spend a fortune to have something that looks really great.

Rachel is just beautiful! What color is her dress?

Have a good week!
Bethany

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

soooo pretty! i love the colors!I hopped over from "A Soft Place to Land" and I am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic. Your daughter is gorgeous.
Teresa

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Good work! Your daughter is lovely!

Laura said...

These turned out so pretty!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

Unknown said...

Wow! I loved this! I am in charge of our Prom this year and am looking for ways to create a centerpiece that is amazing but within our budget. Do you have any ideas for a "vintage circus" theme?? Nothing kiddie-- colors are crimson, white and gold. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!