Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

A Few Thougts before Christmas

The news from last week broke my heart! I keep thinking about the parents, brothers and sisters, and grandparents who have the heaviest of hearts this year. I'm thankful that God is in control and that He is the Righteous Judge, Great Comforter, and He is Sovereign.  I don't understand what happened or why it was allowed to happen but I pray He will somehow wrap His great big arms of love around each one of the family members and bless them with His peace that passes all understanding....and so much more!

And that each one of us will be in every moment this Christmas....not just go through the motions...but be in every moment realizing the treasure of each one and each family member we are blessed to spend this Christmas time with!  And the lifetime memories to be made.

This morning I was thinking about my neighbors and what I would make them for Christmas. I am thankful for the neighbors we are blessed to have!  For the past several Christmases, I have made PW's Cinnamon Rolls and hand delivered warm pans of the delicious goodness!  I love baking them...they are time consuming but I love how my home smells like Christmas when the pans of Cinnamon Rolls are baking!

I was thinking about making something a little less labor intensive as I have been so so busy! I still have one last minute photography order that I am waiting to be delivered to I can deliver it to my client and then I am taking a little break to enjoy my family

I have visions of sleeping in (past 5:00 a.m.) staying in my pajamas until noon, watching all the  Hallmark Christmas movies I have recorded on our DVR, getting mani/pedis with my girls, Pumpkin Spice Lattes that always come with fun conversations, fires in the fireplace, giggling so hard until our sides hurt, enjoying looking at all of the beautiful Christmas cards we have received,driving around to look at Christmas lights, Christmas Eve Candle light service, spending time with family...and dreaming of a white Christmas.  I CANNOT wait! 

While I was searching for a new recipe to make for my neighbors, I came across Candy Cane Mice.  I remember making red candy cane mice for my girls to give to their classmates at school when they were in elementary. I think my mom made these for me when I was little too.  And these simple mice flooded my mind with wonderful memories!


Thank you Heavenly Father, for the treasured memories I am blessed to have and the excitement of new memories to be made this year.  Please, help me to be in the moment and to treasure each one! And please comfort those who are brokenhearted and be ever present as only You can!


No comments: