Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Ten on Tuesday

Is anyone still reading this blog???  H-e-l-l-o??  I've been a bit preoccupied lately with life.  Last week was one of those weeks where I had something to do every night after school.  And running from one thing to the next can leave a girl a bit exhausted and this blog left untouched.  Sorry for my unexpected absence.

So here are a few random things that have been going on in my life lately:

1.  Our school has already had homecoming week.  We always have a spirit week and each day comes with its own theme.  Tuesday's theme was Nerd Day.  So Hannah and I embraced our inner nerds and donned our best nerd outfits. 



2.  Hannah played in the annual powder puff football game.  It was the Freshman and Juniors vs. the Sophomores and Seniors....the Sophs and Srs. creamed our girls...it was ugly...these girls could play football and look cute in the process!


3.  Rachel came home for homecoming!  We were so glad to see here!


4.  Rachel brought her roommate home too and we were glad to get to spend time with her too: 


5.  And with the girls came about 7 loads of dirty laundry!  This was just the second load but I didn't mind.  My washing machine was happy and so was this momma.


6.  Rachel slept until 11:30 Saturday morning.  I could hardly wait for these gorgeous eyes to open!

7.  Hannah was asked to homecoming by 5 different guys.  Be still my heart!  I am thankful that she said yes to one of the sweetest guys in school. *Update:  2 asked as 'friends'...there I feel better!


8.  I am taking a new photography class.  And while it is very much pushing me to the limits, I am really liking the difficulty of this class.  I had to apply to get in...and just when I thought I might not be accepted, I was.  Delight! When I am not busy being a wife and momma, teacher, and photographer, you will find me putting my photography assignments into practise.  One of the assignments was to play with dramatic lighting.  I thought this idea was fun and I did it with a simple table lamp:


9.  Who would have thought that a little weed could be so beautiful?  Love the lighting of this image:


10.  Homecoming was two weeks ago...that is how far behind I am in blogging my life. Oiy!  I still haven't posted pictures from our trip to Cibolo Creek but I hope to do so soon.  I think that is all for now.  Thanks for dropping by my little corner of the world!

5 comments:

BARBIE said...

Of course I am still here! Well, I have to tell you that you and Hannah make beautiful nerds. And how exciting that your Rachel came home for Homecoming. Wow, Hannah getting asked to Homecoming by 5 guys? I think I would have died!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I am totally here my friend. You post, I read. It just works. LOL! Unless of course I missed one and then I feel bad and I immediately slap myself with a wet noodle. ;)
I'm so glad Rachel was able to come home and 5 guys asked Hannah to homecoming? Let it begin. LOL!
BIG HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND!
Kim

Erica said...

It was fun to catch up with what is going on with your precious family! I always loved weekend "home" visits when I was in collge.

Unknown said...

I can't get into the swing of things since school started for me. I feel like my dog when she chases her tail!
I'm also taking a photography class, but I don't think it's quite as advanced as yours - someday tho......

Holly said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm here! I visit your blog often to check in and read the latest on your sweet family, and see your gorgeous photos ... you are so talented! I feel like I can hear your voice when I read your posts. I always enjoy visiting "Kiki's Corner" :)