Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Some Days...

...you just have to:

And this week has already been one of those weeks. A week where I feel I might lose my witness if I react the way I would really like to act....on a week where I would really like to curl up in a ball and cry like a baby because I miss my college daughter so much it hurts....a week where I am tired of being creatively copied or in an unseen competition with another person (there is room for all of us)....on a week where I feel like I am singing Adam Lambert's, "What Do You Want From Me," song as my theme song in my head all day long....and I could go on and on but I'll stop there (too much info already). 

Moral of the story:  I am tired (my mom told me that last night and true to her normal full-of-wisdom self, she is so right) and life is far from normal getting adjusted to not seeing our daughter everyday.  What is that saying about "normal" just being a setting on the dryer?  Ha!  It's time to give a little thought to myself and to slow down a bit. Lately I've been running through myself so I didn't have time to think about how much I miss Rachel...is that working for me?  I checked my attitude and my answer is a big fat NO!

So this morning I painted my fingernails red (my favorite color), put on one of my favorite dresses and jewelry to match, had my time with the Lord (best way to start a day), ate blueberries with my cereal (yum!), and made the largest glass of iced coffee ever! Attitude adjustment here I come!

I'm thankful the Lord loves me too much to leave me this way.  And instead of getting a spiritual spanking like I expected this morning, He offered encouragement instead.  What a Savior! 

Nope, I am far from myself these days...but I'm thankful God is still on the throne in my life....and my heart wants my life to reflect that in every situation....so I'll try my best to see as He sees and to act like He would act because that's far better than how I would like to react right now!

And sweet Rachel of mine, if you are reading this:  I couldn't be more proud of you!  Thank you for your sweet visit home this weekend.  It did this heart of mine a great deal of good...until you had to drive back to school.  You are soaring so beautifully and it is my joy to watch from the sidelines...I'll find my groove eventually so don't give this a second thought.  Go be what God has designed for you to be and He will take care of the rest...including your mother!

3 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You know I've been wondering how you've been handling all this. I really need to pray for you more as you go through this transition.
But I know that an ice coffee does help to remedy the situation (a little). LOL!
Love ya my friend.
Kim

Lana said...

You are such a blessing!

You rock as a Mom, Teacher, Wife, Photographer, Daughter, Follower of Christ, Cheerleader, Cooker of Shrimp Boil (Which my Family is eternal grateful), Savvy Shopper and one of my fave blogging Friends!

You are a blessing!
lana

bp said...

Been thinking of you since I read your post. Hugs to you!
Bethany