Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Ten on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday ya'll!  Since my mind is full of random things to share, I thought I would do a Ten on Tuesday post.  Okay?

 1.  I am love, love, loving these Arnold Palmer Half tea and Half lemonade drink packets. Click the pic above for the 411. They are zero calories and an absolute afternoon delight...especially during my "blessing" class. Ha!


2.  Speaking of my classes, I WAS BLESSED WITH A CONTRACT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!  Woo hoo!  Praise the Lord!!!!  I will still be teaching high school computers: Business Information Technology and Multi Media and one new class that I can't reveal just yet, but I am really excited about this new adventure too!

 3.  I am chi-less in Texas.  I loved my Chi but it was wreaking havoc on my hair.  So, I have a new straightening iron that is actually good for my hair.  I can already tell a huge difference.  This Kp reconstruxt adds protein to my hair as it straightens.  And it's pink and part of the money goes to support breast cancer research...it's a win-win in my book.

4.  My rattlesnake-killing-suburban is no more.  Mr. Incredible likes to spoil me...so I have a shiny new one.  I wonder if it will become my rattlesnake-killing-suburban-2.  Oh, I hope I never see one of those again, but living in west Texas, if I do see one, I hope I'm in my suburban and not while I'm walking through my garden. 

 5.  I am looking for class of 2012 senior models.  If you live in our area and know someone who will be a senior next year, send me an email.  The deadline to apply is April 30th.

6.  My Rachel graduates next month!  Oh, be still my heart.  That's all I can say about that.

7.  Hannah's last track meet is next week.  She is throwing the discus and doing the 100M and 300M hurdles.  And then it is on to tennis.

8.  I cannot believe our Baylor Lady Bears got beat by Texas A&M!  I never thought I would say this, but I'm supporting the Aggies and hoping they beat Notre Dame.

9.  Mr. Incredible and Rachel attended the Passion conference last weekend and loved every second of it.  We hope to have the blessing of attending next year's conference in Atlanta.  Do you know about Passion for college students?  It is AMAZING!.  Click here for the 411.

10.  Rachel changed her mind and will not be going to Baylor in the fall.  The Lord began stirring her heart about her decision while we were in Israel.  This weekend, out of 10,000 students at Passion, He caused Rachel to cross paths with a young lady who will be attending the same University as our Rachel. She too thought Baylor was where she was suppose to go but God changed her heart.  They both were going "pot luck" as far as room mates go...but not any more.  God is amazing! 

Whew!  I think that is all for now.  What's going on with you and your family?  Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

What is this half lemonade half tea thing that you speak of my friend? LOL! Where's the link? Where's the picture? Geesh! Ha! Ha!
This is going to be a hard time for you come the end of the school year. Why do they have to grow up so fast?
But you're girls are beautiful inside and out and it's a comfort to know that their relationship with the Lord is strong. You deserve to be proud parents!
Have a great rest of your day my friend.
Kim

Melanie said...

We enjoy Arnold Palmer's all year long.
I brew my own tea (unsweetened) and combine Simply Lemonade with our tea. We do this by the glass as I like more tea and my husband likes more lemonade.

bp said...

It gave me chills to read #10 and see how God can work in the lives of those who are seeking after Him. Congrats on your contract for next year. I know this is a stressful time for teachers/administrators.

Have a wonderful week!
Bethany

Lana said...

I'm sorry, All I got from this post is you cheering for Texas A & M.

Nuff said.

Amen.

You are loved,
lana