Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

I Am TAKS-ed Out!

For those non-Texans, or who don't have children in public schools in Texas, the TAKS test is the MAJOR test/tests of the year. Our high school students began TAKS week on Tuesday and today is the final day for testing.  Students have to pass these state-mandated tests in order to move up a grade or to graduate.  There is major pressure on them and on all of us as teachers too. 

We want our students to pass these tests with every fiber in our beings!  And we work very hard to prepare them for the test.  Needless to say, by the end of the week we are TAKS-ed out too!

Which reminds me, this past Sunday I heard a sweet voice call, "Aunt Kiki, look!"  And he flashed this face at my camera:


Ha! I think this is totally how I look after a week of administering the TAKS tests. 
I am so looking forward to this weekend! Do you have any big plans?

1 comment:

12-arrows said...

we have a similar test in MI and it wears on everyone. Both the teachers and the students feel the pressure to perform. Once one of my boys was sick for two days of the testing, and the school secretary called and wanted me to send him to school so he wouldn't miss it (he's a straight A student) and I was like, "are you kidding me?" he's got a temp of 101 and your asking me to send him just to take that silly test? He was sent to the office for two days upon his return to make it up! I hate the pressure of these tests, and if you aren't a good test taker, but excel in other areas these tests prove nothing.... sorry I'll get off my soap box now!