Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

A Day Without Shoes

Yesterday was the 4th annual "Day Without Shoes" to raise awareness of shoe-lessness and the difference a pair of shoes can have on the life of a child.  People from all over the country went shoe-less yesterday.  Going barefoot for a day to realize how difficult it would be to navigate through life without a pair of shoes and to sensitize our hearts to the needs of children who do not have shoes. 

Rachel felt God placing this need on her heart. After praying for direction, she approached her Student Council Sponsor who had been looking for an activity pertaining to shoes.  Awesome!  Yesterday, after careful planning, our high school had its first Day Without Shoes.  Students and staff donated shoes and money to be allowed to go without shoes for a day at school. It was fun to see so many bare feet or students in socks.  Rachel was over the top excited! 

Not only did she go barefoot at school, but she even filled up her truck with gasoline in bare feet....ouch!

I love that she has a precious, contagious heart for missions and that she listened to the Lord's leading in this.  The above picture is of Rachel's feet (on the left), her friend Meagan, and her friend Caleb taken from my Iphone (I don't take my bg camera to school). 


1 comment:

BARBIE said...

That's so great that the high school got to participate in this worthy cause. I totally forgot about it. I was home sick. I was without shoes most of the day though!