Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

...Fall!  Did you think I was going to say Christmas?  Ha!  That's coming next week.  It's a tradition, after all, to decorate on my birthday.  It's my gift to myself and I am so looking forward to decorating.  But, before I deck the halls, I should probably show you my fall decor. Because the temperatures are beginning to drop...in the 50's and 60's (I see you northerners rolling your eyes at me) so it feels a little fall-ish outside. 

It has been another FULL but blessed week and it's shaping up to be a full weekend too.  I have the blessing of taking a precious little newborn's pictures this weekend and a sweet family's pictures too.  I have edits to do from Manuela's daughter's photography shoot, a football playoff game, children's church on Sunday, and Hannah's dress rehearsal for her One Act Play performance.  She is playing the part of an old hag!  Really?!  But, she loves playing this part.  She has an old dress, a white and black wig, and a huge nose complete with warts. I cannot begin to imagine how my gorgeous daughter is going to look like an old hag, but I'll get to see this Sunday afternoon and of course I'll be taking some pictures to share with all of you.

In the middle of everything normal (what is that anymore) in my life it was my turn to host our ladies Bunko group at my house last night.  To be honest, I really wasn't sure that I could get it all together, but God was good and helped me get everything together and it was so much fun.  We laughed until our sides hurt!

I couldn't have made homemade baked potato soup without my two best helpers:
Who make my life so fun...and so blessed:


I love these girls of mine!


And my kitchen decked out for fall:

It's times like these that I really wish time would slow down....but I've said that since my girls were babies and time doesn't seem to listen to my heart cries. I've embraced every stage but it is still flying by way too quickly.
For dessert, we had Pumpkin Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.  Did you know you can get these from Sams Club?

The house smelled like fall because I lit my favorite candle.  It's simply the best smell ever...as far as candles go anyway:
I bought a few Bunko gifts at my favorite store, Hobby Lobby:
And then we got the tables ready for Bunko:

See:



I have to show you my favorite scarecrow.  This little guy belonged to my precious Aunt Faye and now I am blessed to have it.  It is one of the first things I put out when I decorate for fall.  (Please, excuse my backdoor.  It really needed to be cleaned but obviously I missed that.)
And here is my dining room table decked out for fall:


It has a raffia wreath that I took apart that spans the table, raffia pumpkins, fall vines, flowers, and fake fruit:


And this arrangement that I bought in Canton years ago.  I really need to go back to Canton!!
And my favorite accessory on the the table.  The teachers at the high school gave this to me right before Rachel's brain surgery last year.  God does answer prayers....every one of them!
And my entry table even has a little fall decor too:



Here is my front door.  Remember helping me pick my new door color last year?  I love it painted black!
Another little scarecrow:
Fall is so fabulous!


Okay, that's f-all for now.  Ha!  Ya'll have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Beautiful I tell ya.

And around here...we may get 5-7 inches of snow tomorrie. Oh my!!

Hope you are doing well?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Your house looks fabulous! And your girls are just precious. You truly are blessed. I know my daughter is so much fun to be around, but I miss her being little too. But then again I have the boys to remind me what being young is all about.

Have a great weekend.
Kim