Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Rejoicing! Student of the Year!

Oh, Ya'll! What a full week this has been; a full but blessed week!
Yesterday I was asked to attend the middle school awards ceremony because my baby girl was getting a special award. The award ceremony was going longer than anticipated and I was starting to stress because I had 19 freshman in my computer lab without their teacher. Thankfully, one of my sweet friends checked on them until I could return.

I am so thankful that I was able to stay because....

Hannah was voted STUDENT OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, I am proud, if you can't tell). Woo hoo! What an honor.

Photobucket
We also have had 2 band concerts this week. Here is Rachel playing the saxophone (her daddy played this one when he was in high school):

Photobucket
And.....Rachel is co-drum major for the band next year! Woo hoo!!!!!
My good friend and I are fellow drum major mom's this next year so I told her that we were going to design shirts that say, "Major Mom!" on them. It is going to be so fun.

Photobucket

I am hardly ever in any pictures and wouldn't you know the one time that Mr. Incredible offers to take a photo, I wear my hair al-a-natural. It's a little crazy...he calls it hot...I call it easy-as in wash and go easy-where is your mind?!

Photobucket

Photobucket
And Rachel with her daddy:

Photobucket

Rachel was chosen as the student of the year in Music Appreciation. (Yes, that's Mr. SHS on the right aka "Sissie").

Photobucket

All week long we have been waiting on the much anticipated TAKS score release. In Texas, the students have to pass these state mandated tests in order to promote to the next grade but the pressure really falls on high school juniors who must pass all of the TAKS tests in order to be on track for graduation. They test in English, Social Studies, Science, and Math.

Many have been talking about how difficult the Science TAKS test was this year and many students and teachers and parents have been holding our breath, so to speak, waiting for the results.

My good friend called me in to her office this morning to tell me that both of our girls, our future drum majors, passed all of their test. We hugged and cried and shouted praises to the Lord...I'll never forget it and then she started calling in the Juniors one by one to give them their results.

It was so fun to stand outside and see the students jumping up and down and hollering and crying tears of joy and relief as they discovered that they passed! I couldn't find Rachel and I was so anxious for her to know.

I finally found her and ushered her in to the counselor's office,yes we cutted in line, where she gave Rachel the good news. Not only did she pass but she was was commended in two subjects: English and Social Studies. Rachel jumped up and down, hugged us both, and then burst into tears of joy!

My dear daughter is cleared to graduate next year, after she completes her senior year courses and we are so thankful and so very proud of both of our daughters! "This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24.

7 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

And proud you should be Mamma!!!

You are truly an example of a Mamma who loves her girls hard....and Jesus love is SO evident!

Congrat's....and best wishes.

Enjoy all the fun as you finish out the school year.

Jaunna said...

TAKS is so different than when I was in a Texas high school (or was it still TAAS back then, I cant remember!) Anyways, the tests were so easy it was pretty much a given that you passed. I am glad we didn't have to worry about all of this to graduate when we were already stressing over AP exams and SAT/ACT.

Yay for your girls, they must make you such a proud proud Mama!!

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Kristi...why am I sitting here crying? I am simply overjoyed for you, Hanah and Rachel!! What a wonderful resiliency children have under the toughest of circumstances. His strength really is made so evident in our weakness, isn't it!! Big hugs to your beauties from their Aunt Debra in Florida. You know we fly out Wednesday to Texas for Joshuas graduation in San Antonio. Just sayin.. Love ya, sweet sis!!

bp said...

I know you are so proud of both of your girls! They are both beautiful, talented young women who love the Lord. You should be proud! Thanks for sharing the joy of the passed TAKS. That gave me chills!

Melanie said...

Congrats to both your beautiful daughters!

BARBIE said...

Oh what wonderful accomplishments for both of your precious daughters. You've done a great job raising them. Your Father in Heaven is so pleased!

Erica said...

How fun to have so much to celebrate for both of your girls! What a joy to share just a portion of that with you!
And by the way, you are beautiful, my friend, "hot" hair and all : )