Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Prayers for Rachel

Thank you for your encouraging words yesterday and for all of your prayers. We feel very covered in prayer and that means more to our family than you will ever know.

My verse for today is, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10.

We are running to our Strong Tower today!
Yesterday, Rachel was only able to stay in her daddy's recliner...all day. She would only get up to go the bathroom. We were praying that today would be different...but she is the same.

The extra dosage of medicine doesn't seem to be working at all. She is so shaky today and weak. We will put a call into the Pediatric Neurosurgeon at Cook's Children's Hospital again today.

The next medication that he may choose to prescribe comes with awful side effects like seizures. Please, pray with us that they will find another medication that will cause her headaches to cease and that she will have no...not one...ill side effect!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Heal this precious child oh Lord and she will be healed. Save this precious child oh Lord and she will be saved for You and the One we praise. You Word says that you will contend with those who contend with us, and that You will save our children. This illness is contending with this family Lord, so we are praising You for contending with this illness. We praise You Father God that You are the Great Physician and that no matter what mountain they come against, You will either have them climb over it or chisel their way through it!! Father, we know that this illness has come against them to harm them, but You have allowed this to happen, for good, for the saving of many lives. Father God, when people hear of this family, when they see this family, when the read about this family, they WILL KNOW that it was by YOUR MIGHTY HAND they found their deliverance, their healing, their vindication. We will praise You and give You glory. You are NEVER too late, You always come at the right time. Father, continue to allow Rachel to rest in Your arms, to find comfort, to soothe her pain Lord as only You can. Release her from any fears that Satan is screaming at her and let her hear Your precious words of calling her the apple of Your eye, a crown of splendor in Your right hand and plans to propser her and not to harm her, plans to give her a future and a hope. Father, be with this precious mom and make her bold to fight the good fight of faith and proclaim life, proclaim healing, proclaim the day of the Lord over her child, let her use Your Word Father as her sword to do hand to hand combat with the enemy who has come to try to steal, kill and destroy. Praise God,,praise God that You sent Jesus to give them life, but not any life, AN ABUNDANT LIFE. I pray this in our Lord and Savior's Name, JESUS CHRIST!! Glory to God.
amen amen amen

Melanie said...

Praying with you this morning....

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH my friend I know this is so hard for you to watch her suffer. I pray for a healing and comfort and for medications with no side effects!!
Big Hugs to you my friend.
Kim

CntryMomma said...

She's been on my mind lately. Will continue to pray. Do you have a button for her? I'd love to put on my blog. ;o)

LORI

Michele Williams said...

I am praying for her daily my dear friend.... Love you...

Unknown said...

It saddens me to hear that Rachel is in so much pain. I pray that the doctors can find meds that will help.

Sheryl

Leaon Mary said...

Dear Rachel,
Kinda feel like I know you through your Momma's blog. I'm so sorry you've been suffering with these horrible headaches. I can't imagine what you've been going through.
Many, many people are praying for you, and are BELIEVING for your healing. Stay strong little sister, and keep looking uP.
Holykisses,
Lea

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

I'm praying for you....I'm sorry I don't have more appropriate verbage, my sister. My heart cries out to the Great Healer for your child too...

Loving you both...actually all four of you.

((hugs)) and prayers

Debra Kaye said...

I just had to come back ... I had to go to the doctor today too .. guess what scripture verse I posted ... same as yours. He is our Strong Tower, my sweet sister.

I'm running to Him too. My head has been just horrible...my heart all out of rhythm...and yet, He is so wonderful.

I hurt for you. The power of the bonds of Christ, no doubt...I'm interceding for your precious daughter and her beloved sister and you and your hubby. May your King wrap Himself around you and may all of you know His peace.

Hugs to you.